ADVERTISEMENT

After just 2 games of CFB Jalen Hurts is......

205GoD

All American
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2015
These are things that have been brewing since the spring. As a lot of you may know, Jalen Hurts has shaken up our QB situation and here are the ripple effects I've been hearing over the past few months. Things have really heated up this last month.

Blake has been under a tremendous amount of pressure for a guy not even 21 yet. His dad, Lance has been on him and the coaches about Blake getting what he "deserves". He feels pressure to perform also because he now has a fiance. Both his dad and fiance have been on him to transfer if he isn't the clear cut starter by the bowl game. He wants to be close to his fiance and she wants him to as well. His dad is the typical little league over bearing dad and has told him and coaches he's gone. Big reason for the pressing and nervousness. You have to feel for the kid a little. The coaches are giving him (or making it seem like) every chance to win it. However, the way things have been wouldn't be shocked if he narrows the long distance relationship. I hope she hasn't given the kid an ultimatum ( probably has). Coaches deal with parents every day but BB has been on another level from what I've heard. Been told if he's not the clear cut starter by December/bowl game he gone.

Cornwell has decided his future is in coaching. He wants ro be like Nick and Kiff, he graduates in Dec and has indicated he wants to hang it up and become a GA on the staff. He could change his mind but today he wants to get started coaching. Tired of the injuries. You can tell on the sidelines he's into it.

Bateman has always been content being a back up QB and getting all the perks of being an Alabama QB. He will stick around and be the backup more than likely for 2017.

Don't worry about Tua and Jones. They have already been sold on redshirting and developing. Plus, we will be able to get the best QBs because of how sharp we'll be at the position.

Just wanted to share this info as I always do. Passing it along. Don't shoot the messenger. I love the tide and love sharing that behind the scenes info with those who do as well.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News