ADVERTISEMENT

Anoma in NCAA transfer portal (July 28th Update)

Tony_Tsoukalas

All American
Staff
Feb 5, 2014
The Latest

July 28 at 6:00 p.m CT

Anoma in transfer portal

July 28 at 4:00 p.m CT

From Kyle Henderson - Speaking with a source close to the Maryland program today, Anoma currently has a bunch of different people telling him different things to do and if it was left solely up to Anoma, he likely would have just gone to Maryland.

The people around him wanted him at Alabama because these people likely with their hand out felt it was the quickest way for Anoma to make it to the NFL.

Source tells me that he doesn’t think Anoma returns to Alabama, but also thought this the last time Anoma entered the NCAA transfer portal.

Anoma’a main advisor outside of his family is 100% Maryland and he’s great friends with Locksley.

I know there has been other reports saying this is official, but I haven’t heard it’s official just yet, but the tea leaves do tell a lot about what’s going down.

This is all I have for now.

July 27 at 8:35 a.m. CT - What does it mean: Anoma back in Washington D.C.

July 26 at 10:50 p.m. CT - Maryland source feels very confident they land Anoma.

July 26 at 4:15 p.m. CT - Anoma is boarding a plane to Washington D.C.

Alabama outside linebacker Eyabi Anoma is "currently not attending classes at The University of Alabama,” Alabama Associate Vice President for Communications, Monica Watts confirmed to BamaInsider on Friday. The university did not provide any further comment regarding the situation.

If Anoma is not enrolled in classes, he will not be eligible to participate in practice as the Crimson Tide is set to open its fall camp next week.

Anoma has experienced a drama-filled year since joining Alabama as the No. 7 player in the 2018 class. The former five-star did not receive the playing time he expected during his first season, recording just nine tackles, including two for a loss through 13 games. That led to him entering his name in the NCAA transfer portal in February only to remove it the next day.

However, Anoma appeared to be turning things around heading into his sophomore year and even received praise from head coach Nick Saban during Alabama’s spring camp. The 6-foot-5, 252-pound linebacker is still listed on the Crimson Tide’s online roster.

“He’s doing a good job,” head coach Nick Saban said during spring camp. “He’s working hard. He’s learning a lot. I think he’s responding very well to (outside linebackers coach Sal Sunseri) with Sal coaching him. He’s doing much better in school, being responsible and trying to do the right things and respond to people the right way.”

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News