ADVERTISEMENT

BONE: More transfers? (Update)

Andrew Bone

BamaInsider Senior Recruiting Analyst
Jun 24, 2012
Alabama
Richard Mullaney announced a week ago his plans to transfer to Alabama from Oregon State. I posted some information regarding another possible transfer the same day in former West Virginia running back, Andrew Buie. Buie visited Alabama two weekends ago. It will not surprise me with Alabama's need for depth at running bacto see another transfer before the start of the season.

The latest I have heard on Buie is not to expect him to transfer to Alabama. He is looking for an opportunity to play right away (as in start). He isn't taking Derrick Henry's place as Alabama's first team running back. Buie is likely to transfer to UNC-Charlotte.

Demetrice Vaughan, who recently graduated from Blount High School in Prichard, Ala., has been invited to walk-on at Alabama. However, he must wait for academic clearance from the University of Alabama admissions office. Vaughan told TideSports on Tuesday afternoon he has yet to receive official word.

A few different reports regarding Deshawn Jones, running back from Pierce Community College in Woodland Hills, Calif., possibility transferring to Alabama. I heard the news late last week, but wanted to get a few more details before reporting anything. There have been some reports of him waiting for academic clearance, and then possibility enrolling at Alabama as part of the 2015 class.

I learned on Tuesday afternoon there is a small chance of Jones enrolling at Alabama. There is an academic hurdle he has to overcome. One of the best sources possible told me Alabama will not take another running back unless it is an emergency at the end of the summer. Even if Jones receives clearance a decision from Alabama it will not come until late July or early August.

Of course anything can change. This is the very latest info, and I wanted to provide to TideSports subscribers..

Last edited:
Reactions: TheSchoolBoy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News