ADVERTISEMENT

BONE: What the five-stars are saying......

Andrew Bone

BamaInsider Senior Recruiting Analyst
Jun 24, 2012
Alabama
The other in-state SEC school had Junior Day this weekend. The three in-state five-stars were on campus.

What they are saying:

Five-star DE Marlon Davidson from Carver HS in Montgomery:

On his visit…
"It felt good to be back in Auburn because I haven't been here in a (while). Coming back, it just feels like home to me. It felt really good to be here."

On his brother, former Auburn DT Kenneth Carter, being hired at Auburn, and if it will affect his recruitment…
"My brother is always staying on me about this being my decision, that he wants me to make the right decision for me, the decision that fits me. All he wanted is for me to keep God first.

"It's important to me to know that he is (at Auburn) because he's going to always tell me the right things. He's been there. He's been to college, and knowing that he has the experience means I can go to him anytime of the day."

Where Auburn stands…
"I don't have a list, yet. I'm still open. Anyone that wants to (offer me), c'mon."

On recently winning the 6A state title in basketball shortly after his mother passed away…
"It was the first time I've ever contended for a ring, and it felt really good knowing that my mom was there helping me. It was exciting for me."

Five-star LB Ben Davis from Gordo HS:

On his visit…
"I had a good time talking to Coach (Gus) Malzahn and Coach (Lance) Thompson. They told me they really wanted me to come here. I really enjoyed it and can't wait to get back up here.

"They told me Auburn is a family, and that if I come here I would be really happy. The players are really close to the coaches and they just love each other, and also to look at for them on the field this year.

"Coach (Will) Muschamp told me I could play all four linebacker positions, so I would be playing outside, middle and putting my hand in the dirt. He showed me film of Dante Fowler, Junior Seau and Jason Taylor, and said I remind him of them. It's really humbling to hear that."

On Davidson and Lyndell "Mack" Wilson both being in Auburn today…
"Those are my boys. We go to camps together and stay in touch with each other so I'm glad I got to see them again. They are my guys. We stay close on and off the field."

Where Auburn stands…
"Auburn is one of my top schools, and I will come on more visits to get more comfortable and see more of what they have to offer."

Five-star LB Lyndell 'Mack' Wilson from Carver HS in Montgomery:

On his visit…
"It was good. I took everything in, sat down with the coaches and went over everything. They went over the academic part, and that's what really stood out.

"Also, Coach Muschamp sat down with me and told me about the players, and then showed me on the board. He didn't have the seniors on there, just the freshman and people that are coming in, and told me that I would have a fair chance to come in and play."

On talking to the new defensive coaches…
"That was real important to me. I had a chance to talk to (cornerbacks) Coach T-Rob (Travaris Robinson), and he's a real cool guy, a funny guy.

"I think Auburn has a good chance of having the top defense in the country, and with Coach Malzahn coaching the offense, I think they are going to do something this year."

Where Auburn stands…
"Everything is still the same. I'm just taking everything in and will wait until Signing Day to make my commitment."

The above quotes were provided by the Rivals AU site, AuburnSports.com.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News