ADVERTISEMENT

FSU 16 in the portal w/9 more opt outs.

Vaughnbama

All American
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2009
A lot has been made of the 25 missing players. I have questions.

1.). The NCAA Portal Rule is that the players have December to transfer and if you are in a bowl game, you have an additional five days after your teams season ends. Why is the transfer portal limited to December? I know that last year we had ten players in the Portal. Why are any players allowed to enter the portal before their season is over? Maybe the rule should be changed to allow 30 days after the season ends, other than the fact that Winter Semester starts the 8th of January.

2. Opt outs for the NFL draft. That is senior players quitting on their teammates. Opting out is a quitters mentality. It tells me that you have no concern for your teammates and that you feel you are more important than your so-called brothers. You may be the best player is the world, but quitting on your teammates tells me all I need to know about your character. I can see rented players quitting on their teammates, as they have already done that once, now for money, but a senior quitting on his teammates is unforgivable.

16 players, voluntarily leaving a program before the bowl games, tells me a lot about the program. 9 opt outs tells me the culture of the program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News