ADVERTISEMENT

Gratitude turns what we have into enough.

Dale Taliaferro

All American
Gold Member
Mar 24, 2008
Dallas, Texas
e-l-m.org
That is a quote from a little plaque sitting on the book shelf of my adopted young ladies in India. They were brought out of their orphanage over 10 years ago. I met them on my last trip to India. Not only are they all beautiful young ladies, poorer than church mice, but extremely grateful for all that God has given to them in Jesus Christ. Most of these young ladies were either Hindi or Muslim. But faith in Jesus and what He can do for them personally moment by moment throughout the day has changed their lives.

There are many on this board who are struggling with various trials in life which are greater than replacing assistant coaches who have left the Promised Land to go to a "distant country." What is truly amazing, although denied by some, is the power that Jesus gives to give thanks in all things. When He tells us to do that, he isn't telling us to deny the difficulties that lie ahead of us. He is telling us that He is bigger than those difficulties. When we give thanks to anyone, we are acknowledging that the person being addressed has done something for us which was helpful and which we appreciate. To give thanks in all things means that Jesus is ready to offer the help we need in every situation that we must face. His help will always be adequate to fulfill the purpose He is accomplishing in and through us. Many have never really known this adequacy that comes from Jesus. But those of us who have can verify that there is no experience like it in all the world.

I am grateful for having Coach Saban at Bama. I am grateful for the dedication he has to his job and to the university. I am grateful for the miracles that He has performed in my life and through my ministry. I know many on here can say the same thing. Wouldn't it be great to have a ground swell of gratitude on this board and at Bama overall?

What has the Lord done in your life for which you are grateful?

I'm grateful for all the sports I got to play as a young man even though now I've had to have double knee replacements and double hip replacements. The pain and discomfort that I experience now is nothing to be compared to the joy of walking with God as He supplies my needs on a daily basis. I could go on about my family and my ministry, but now, if you're interested, is your time to give thanks for how God has blessed you, personally or in connection to sports in general and Bama in specific. Let's hear from you. I write this now on behalf of some who are facing difficulties but, at the same time, who are experiencing the love and sufficiency of Jesus power in their lives. I hope this was encouraging to you if you are facing trials today. God's grace will always be sufficient for each trial. But you have to come to Him to get it. You come. He'll receive any and everyone who comes. His grace will make a difference in your life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News