ADVERTISEMENT

January Team Nuggets

kyle h

All American
Staff
Feb 3, 2005
And away we go..

giphy.gif

As I said last night, I was at dinner when I heard Steve Sarkisian's name mentioned as the Alabama offensive coordinator position. Quite frankly, I thought it was BS. Never did I think Saban would give Sarkisian a ring after Sarkisian bolted from Alabama following the Crimson Tide's 35-31 loss to Clemson to take the Atlanta Falcons Offensive Coordinator position in 2017.

Two seasons later, here we stand will Sarkisian back with the program.

I also heard that Chip Long (current Notre Dame OC) and Hugh Freeze are/were also candidates to join Alabama. There have been many reports that Long was in Tuscaloosa yesterday, so while the news is out on Sarkisian to Alabama, don't count out Long joining the staff either. Saban needs to fill a lot of positions.

Sarkisian would likely work with the quarterbacks and Chip Long if he was hired would likely work with the receivers and both would Co-coordinate the offense.

Back to Freeze, yes his name is in serious play, but the block by the SEC commish Greg Sankey is the major hurdle, not the buyout to get him on-board from Liberty where he just became the head football coach.

On Dan Enos

This is very interesting. I have heard that no one liked the guy and the way he left was ugly. Saban found out about Enos leaving by seeing his office was cleaned out. Just packed up and left. Also heard that Enos and Jalen do not like each other and it's odd that Hurts is visiting Miami because those two do not have a good relationship.

On Josh Gattis

Source tells me that Saban was shocked when he found out Gattis was headed to Michigan. He was actually impressed. Before he found out Gattis was headed to Michigan, Saban was upset because all signs were pointing to Gattis heading to Maryland. Gattis to Maryland was indeed about to go down, until Jim Harbaugh called in the final minutes and made a big offer (Hearing around 4M) to get Gattis to Ann Arbor, Michigan.

On Butch Jones

Still a very good possibility that Jones goes to Maryland. Source tells me that he's been in the area several times and is even looking at homes. Jones cannot get a clear idea from Saban on what his career will be at Alabama (if any) and Locksley has plenty of space on staff for Jones to join the Maryland staff.

On Nick Saban

Hearing that a lot of the coaches feel that he is not very personable which has led to a lot of turnover as guys on staff do not like working for him. Basically, his way or get the hell out.

On the team

Source tells me that Alabama had to lose the SEC Championship in-order to win the National Title game. The team lacked focus and could not get to the level mentally they needed to beat Clemson. Lots of guys just going through the motions.

On Jalen Hurts

As you know, Jalen Hurts has visited Maryland and Oklahoma. He'll visit Miami today. I guess Jalen following Miami Head Coach Manny Diaz meant something after all. Here is where I am confused. Source tells me that Enos and Hurts hate each other, literally can't stand each other. So it will be interesting to see Hurts head to South Beach. I am hearing the front-runner as of right now is Maryland. Sources also tell me that Jalen has not improved as much as everyone thinks. That he is still holding onto the football too long in the pocket and is still having trouble making down-field progressional reads.

Now for the big one... You ready...

Hearing that Saban could push Tosh Lupoi out in-place of Pete Golding. Have heard that Golding has called every defensive play this year.

Enjoy, your Sunday and try to catch my next call in-show on youtube.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News