ADVERTISEMENT

LSU Daryl Stingley

BAMAPG

All American
Jan 11, 2004
I watched some of the LSU game. I watched Stingley make mistakes and he appeared to give half ass effort in tackling.
After his freshman year he may have been drafted in the first half of the first round ... he was that good. If you take away the film from his first year I am not sure he goes in the first 4 rounds. If I am a GM I am asking myself is the kid SELF MOTIVATED ... hard to make it in the NFL if you are not SELF MOTIVATED.

JUST MY OPINION .... When an athlete like Stingley comes in as a Freshman and has the success he had and he gets worse vs better ... I look at the COACHING STAFF ... sure people can say the kid is not working etc.... well the COACHES hand out the jerseys ... if he is not working sit him even if is still the best. The next question is he being taught the correct techniques? Do they work HARD is the best player pushed the hardest?
I never for a minute thought Coach O was a great coach he is just a good ole boy from down on the Bayou ... I think if I am a recruit I am paying attention and asking why is a great player not getting BETTER at LSU but he is at BAMA. Just look to Patrick and see how much better he got during his 3 years at BAMA ... and keep in mind he was coached by his dad a PRO BOWL Corner ... it is all about adding VALUE ...and Stingley has not added money since his first year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News