ADVERTISEMENT

Sincere Softball post....

pwestbro61

All American
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2013
I post this with the utmost respect and appreciation for what Alabama softball and Patrick Murphy have been able to accomplish over the last 25 years- remarkable record all fans took great pride in supporting and following. Represented the school with class and has been the 2nd most successful sport on campus. And I have watched and enjoyed it all.

Yes- I have been rather obnoxious going after JTR4DAD the last 2-3 years due to his relentless defense of all criticism given by myself and others during the last 3 seasons.

Something happened about mid season during the 2022 season that no one has really explained. Team lost first game of SEC tourney and then lost twice in regional to Stanford by identical 6-0 scores.

KB Sides had already been rather rudely run out of town and then 6 players transferred out at seasons end. And things have not been the same since then.

Recruiting has fallen off ( perhaps due to NIL issues) or complacency, Murphy has refused to hire a hitting coach, assistant coaches have left the program and now we see the results. Also lack of player development.

25 year low point for the program last 2 weekends and not sure it is fixable by Murphy.
He needs to be held accountable now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News