ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting ****Summer Insider Report I***

Andrew Bone

BamaInsider Senior Recruiting Analyst
Jun 24, 2012
Alabama
On the officials

This may have been the five-star's first time in Tuscaloosa, but he has been in contact with the Alabama for the last two years. He is very familiar with the program, coaching staff and what Alabama has to offer. It was good to get him and his family in town. Alabama has made a serious move, but he returns to Ohio State this weekend. Inniss had a great time in Tuscaloosa per himself and others who were around him. It's tight battle which will likely end before his senior season.

We haven't had a chance to speak with Hasz yet regarding his visit, but we heard things went really well ("blown away" is the exact phrase.) His twin brother, Dylan, was also supposed to visit, but suffered a broken collar bone last week. It sidelined Dylan and Luke's father from also visiting Tuscaloosa. His father has been to Alabama in the past and will likely return during the season. Luke is committed to Arkansas, and his brother also has an offer from the Razorbacks. Alabama isn't going to offer Dylan to flip Luke. I believe the family understands it and there is belief it's not a factor in their recruitment. This is definitely one to continue to watch.

Alabama was really impressed with Williams size. He measured 6-foot-6, 243-pounds. A lot bigger than expected. Definitely somebody they want in this class. His father seemed to really like everything he saw during the visit. Oregon is obviously a long distance from home. The Ducks have made him a priority so it's tough, but we shall see. The Tide definitely believes they are in the race. It's just a matter of distance.

Adams made his second trip to Alabama after attending Junior Day earlier this year. He told me on Monday afternoon, "The best part was just getting to get closer with the staff and Coach Saban. Obviously, it’s cool to see how cool the facility is and the amount of money and work that goes into, but just getting the opportunity to get closer with the coaches on this visit." I know Alabama wanted to get through the spring evaluation period before giving a green light (to commit) to every receiver who has received an offer. Adams, emphatically, has an offer from Alabama. He measured just under 5-foot-11, this weekend, but the staff loves his athletic ability. They really want him as a part of this class. He visits Oklahoma this weekend. The Sooners did not offer Adams until just a few weeks ago. My prediction right now is Alabama, but I want to see how things go during the visit in Norman before locking-in a FutureCast.

Lonergan has been a regular visitor to Alabama throughout the course of the last year. He is one of a handful of quarterbacks who have been heavily pursued in the 2023 cycle. That should say plenty about what the Crimson Tide thinks about him. Lonergan and his family had another terrific time in Tuscaloosa. I think he would have been Alabama's quarterback in this class if Eli Holstein and Arch Manning were not in-play. The staff really likes him a lot. The chance of Manning joining Alabama's class seems unlikely, but we will see how things go this weekend. Lonergan is that next guy they will take. Alabama made a big move in the right direction. It depends if he wants to be the only player at his position in the class.

giphy.gif

Other notable recruits in Tuscaloosa this past week

Malik Bryant: Bryant spent a lot time around campus this past weekend and even worked out during the Tide's camp on Saturday. He worked all linebackers and looked really good at each one. He remains a top priority for Alabama. The Tide sits in great position with him as Bryant heads into official visits. He will commit on July 23.

Bryce Thornton: Absolutely glowing reviews on Thornton's camp performance on Saturday. He has made a big move up the Tide's recruiting board. Thornton has the green light to commit. He is currently not in a rush to make a decision and expects to officially visit Alabama this fall. We'll see if things change especially with Alabama turning up the heat.

Justin Jefferson/Elijah Davis: Both JuCo targets visited Alabama on Saturday. Jefferson worked out for Alabama while Davis did not. The word I heard to describe Jefferson, "unbelievable". He worked at inside linebacker after measuring 6-foot-1, 220-pounds. Alabama is making a very big push. I am close to submitting a FutureCast on Jefferson to Alabama. I haven't heard much on Davis since his visit, but was told it went well.

Bai Jobe: The edger rusher from Oklahoma (by way of Senegal) needed to have a good camp for the Tide to continue its pursuit. Jobe showed out from those who watched. He is still lean as he weighed in at 216-pounds, but did a lot of things that surprised the staff. Alabama has a lot of interest and will continue recruiting him. It will likely get through this month just to evaluate other similar players to make sure they are targeting the right guys, but I expect Jobe will remain high on the list.

Peyton Bowen: The Notre Dame commitment made a quick stop in Tuscaloosa last Wednesday on his way on a beach vacation to South Carolina. Bowen has remained in close contact with Alabama for several months. He toured the campus and spent time speaking with several coaches including Nick Saban, Travaris Robinson and Holmon Wiggins. He maintains that his commitment to the Fighting Irish is solid, but will likely return to Alabama this fall for an official visit. He can definitely commit.

Jahlil Hurley: Hurley has kept things pretty quiet regarding his recruitment since rumors swirled of a potential flip to Auburn a few months ago. He then confirmed plans to return to Alabama this past weekend. Hurley participated in the camp where he worked out at cornerback and safety. I heard Hurley had a little more success working at safety and that may be his long-term position (at least if he sticks with the Crimson Tide). Hurley was in Coral Gables on Monday visiting the Hurricanes.

Daevin Hobbs: Alabama is really high on the North Carolina jumbo athlete after his camp performance. He earned a committable offer after working out at tight end and defensive. Alabama liked him on both sides. He measured 6-foot-4, 270-pounds. Very good athlete. Not really sure where things stand in his recruitment just yet, but the offer from Alabama should make things interesting.

Payton Kirkland: The four-star lineman from Orlando camped at Alabama on Wednesday. Kirkland raved about the camp, coaches and how he feels about Alabama after the visit, but just likely isn't someone in the cards for the Tide. The majority of Alabama's top OL targets will visit Alabama this weekend (visitors list!)

Keyon Brown: Alabama thought Brown had a really good camp. He earned an offer, but will not have been a take for Alabama. I know that seems confusing...This is a very small receiver class. Alabama has a few who are very high on the board- Inniss and Adams visited this past weekend. Malik Benson, Shelton Sampson, Jalen Hale, and Aidan Mizell are taking officials this month. He committed to Oklahoma on Sunday, but Alabama will wait until after those officials this month before a big push for Brown which could still happen down the road.

Some underclassmen who made big impressions (may have missed some who were just not discussed)
Jadyn Davis, 2024 five-star quarterback from Providence Day School in Charlotte, North Carolina
Charles Lester, 2024 Rivals100 cornerback from Riverview HS in Sarasota, Florida
Jaylen Mbakwe, 2024 Rivals100 cornerback from Clay-Chalkville HS in Alabama
Kamari McClellan, 2024 four-star quarterback from Clay-Chalkville HS in Alabama (transferred from Oxford)
Jordan Pride, 2024 four-star athlete from Blountsville HS in Florida (FSU commitment)
Mario Craver, 2024 four-star wide receiver from Clay-Chalkville HS in Alabama
Julian Lewis, 2026 quarterback from Carrollton HS in Georgia
(In order by ranking)

*Note-Some big names/highly ranked players still have work to do before receiving a 'committable' offer.

GET READY FOR ANOTHER MASSIVE WEEK! Biggest recruiting weekend of the year?

CLICK HERE!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News