ADVERTISEMENT

The next Alabama poster suggesting that

BamaintheLou

All American
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2020
Coach Saban fire an assistant coach, please include the following disclaimer somewhere in your post:

I am a spoiled fan who knows nothing about college football.

We actually won tonight, and have all year, because of our coaches. All coaches, good and bad, instruct, give tips, show proper technique in practice and before games. Coaches are not allowed to block, run catch and throw but must stand on the sidelines or sit in the booth. Our OL was bad in the first half, our receivers dropped balls - not our coaches. Getting plays in slow is but the latest excuse of our spoiled fanbase. Thankfully, our Pete Golding defense was dominant and kept us in the game.
I, for one, was relieved the first half ended. As expected, adjustments were made by our coaches at halftime: including a new center and the return of Chris Owens to right tackle. We still made mistakes, dropped more balls, but got better and better as the second half went on. But for a missed FG, we win in regulation. And no, the botched hold of the ball was on Paul Tyson - not the special teams coach. Mistakes happen to even the best, but if it were me, Paul’s reaction after fumbling the ball puts Milroe as our backup QB.
When results are not what we want, only on this Board do posters react by wanting to fire the assistant coach or coaches. Enough already. Barnes & Noble has some books you may be interested in: Football 101 and Football for Dumbies.
What if our older talent is playing at the peak of their abilities because of our coaching? What if our coaches made this 7-4 rebuilding team into a 10-1 team with a fighter’s chance to knock off Georgia. Clemson and Ohio State would both like to be where we are. What if our younger talent really isn’t yet ready to play better? Our coaches tried a new center - and he did great. We tried someone different at RT these past few games. We ran the ball and gave Bryce a chance - and he took advantage. Heisman winners do that. 97 yards in 1 minute…. Classic… Nice to see a Freshman WR (Brooks) and a Freshman DB (McKinstry) join Freshman Dallas Turner in playing - and playing strong.
Maybe we should be thankful and grateful for our coaches. Oh well… they say know your audience, and I do, and already know the reaction… and why I am wrong… Roll Tide Roll!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News