ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops 🏀 Thoughts on Alabama’s Loss to Tennessee

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
Bad. Bad. Bad. Just bad all the way around. You could tell from the first 4 minutes, that Tennessee just wanted it more and Alabama did not have the effort needed to win that style of game. This is the best team Rick Barnes has had at Tennessee and they are great, but this is the worst I’ve seen a Nate Oats team play. 22 turnovers, 4/21 from 3, got destroyed on the offensive boards, etc.

This game reminded me a lot of the Oklahoma loss last years team had. Just didn’t look like they wanted to be there and they got destroyed. It’s the first all around bad game that Alabama has had all year, so it’s no reason to panic. It still only counts as one loss, but they have to figure out what went wrong quick before Auburn comes to town Wednesday. They’ll be top 10 and on a 10 game win streak more than likely after tonight.

There’s really nobody in particular to spot light for Alabama to talk on, but I am a big fan of Dalton Knecht for Tennessee. He and Jonas Aidoo dominated Bama. This type of team has always been a thorn in Nate Oats’ teams side. The officials at their home arena lets them play physical so it’s tough to be able to overcome that. It’s also why Tennessee has not been very good on the road/in the tournament in recent years.

This was a scheduled loss in my books, so this game really hasn’t changed my long term perspective of this team. If they play like they did today on Wednesday, then I will start to have some concern.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News