ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on the transfers.

Bleed Crimson

All State
Gold Member
Sep 11, 2012
Like most of you here hearing Coach Saban retiring has bought up nightmares of coaches from the past. For the last 16 years when we walked into a stadium home or away we knew we had more talent than the other teams. That quickly became an expectation for us all. Now seeing all these 5* guys & high 4* guys leave has been an awakening! Today I was thinking about how this dynasty was built. It wasn’t 5* guys. I can only remember one in coach’s first full recruiting class. It was Julio Jones’s. Thought Mark Ingram was also in that class he was 3*. Later came the Marcel Darius 3* among others. These last 4 years or so, we have really racked up on talent with high 4* & 5* all over the field. But we didn’t win a championship with them except 2020.

Today I’m wondering if we aren’t having addiction by subtraction. I say this because most of our high 4 & 5* players came to Bama not to rebuild the traditional like the ones in the past did. They didn’t come to maintain the success the ones right before them did. They came because they knew that playing for Coach was an instant ticket to the first or second round of the draft. The stopped caring about legacy & championships and more about draft status. We have lost the high 3* & low 4* players that was the majority of who built the dynasty. I was thinking today. How many of our 5* qb’s led us to the National Championship? McElroy has 1, Mccarron 2? Coker 1, Jones 1, Tua 1, playing one half of football on a miracle play.

Coach Deboer, took Washington with one 5* to the National Championship in his second season. Could it be possible at the end of the day that’s isn’t not the end of the world that we get back to more hungry high 3* medium 4* that has something to prove? And less entitled 5* who believes every university owes them something? Time will soon tell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News