ADVERTISEMENT

What did Coach Oats, Miller and Bradley do wrong?

Vaughnbama

All American
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2009
I have listened to Coach Oats, Brandon Miller and Bradley get blistered, so I have learned these facts.

1. The day before the murder, Miles was removed from the team for the remainder of the season.

2. Sometime on the morning of the murder, Miller drops Miles, Miles’ Girlfriend and Davis at a bar. Miles at this time hides a weapon under the seat of Miller’s Car.

3. Later Miller gets a call from Miles explaining that he has a problem and needs Miller to bring Miles, Miles’ gun.

4. Miller and Bradley go to the bar and Miles, tries to calm Davis down. Miller and Bradley do not take the gun into the Bar.

5. After getting something to eat, Johnson, the man that Miles and Davis had an altercation in the Bar, is parked on Grace Street, parked with his blinkers on waiting for Miles and Davis to leave the bar. He confronts Davis, who is acting like a fool, dancing in the street. Johnson and Davis get into an altercation and there is a weapon handed to Johnson from the backseat of the jeep tot he front seat. Davis ask Miles about the weapon and is told that the weapon is under the backseat of Miller’s car.

6. Davis goes and gets the weapon out of Miller’s car. It is unclear as to whether two shots were fired at Davis as he went to Miller’s car, fired during the exchange of shots or fired by Davis. It is clear that Johnson fired at least four shots, hitting Davis twice and Davis fired eight shots. The order of fire is not clear.

7. Miles recognizing that there is a problem gets his girlfriend away from the incident.

8. Gunfire is exchanged and a young lady Dies and Davis is hit by gunfire.

it is unclear, whether Miller actually knew the weapon was in his car and whether or Bradley knew anything. It is perfectly clear that neither Bradley nor Miller took the gun into the bar and that Miller and Bradley removed Miles and possibly Davis from the bar and that Johnson was parked on Grace Street, sitting in the Jeep waiting for Miles and Davis to leave the bar. It is also very unclear about the second altercation after Miller, Bradley, Miles and Davis were on the scene. There appears to have been an altercation inside the bar and then an altercation on Grace Street, where Johnson was sitting and waiting.

it is also perfectly clear that Miller and Bradley are being called out, unjustifiably for their actions that night. It is also perfectly clear that Oats, having discussed the matter with TPD and UAPD, saw no need to discipline Miller and Bradley.

Using 20/20 hindsight, Miller and Bradley probably should have taken Miles and Davis home when they initially got to the bar; however, they did not bring a gun to the bar and there was an effort to remove the Miles and Davis from the initial conflict. It is undisputed that Johnson was parked on Grace Street, sitting in his car with the blinkers on, apparently waiting for Miles and Davis to emerge. It is also undisputed that Miles was no longer on the team, the day before. I do not know real reason Miles left the team, although Coach Oats said one time it was personal reasons and the other time an ankle.

Now, someone tell me what I have said that is incorrect, what you would have done differently, what Miller and Bradley did that was wrong, other than not initially taking Miles and Davis, home.

Tell me what was inaccurate about Coach Oat’s statement that Bradley and Miller were in the wrong place at the wrong time? Some of you want to hang Oats, Miller and Bradley, so tell me what the three did that was wrong. Coach Oats could not remove Miles from the team, since that was done the day before. Don’t give me that the two blocked Johnson in, because the two didn’t even know about Johnson when they got to the bar. I want to know exactly what Miller and Bradley did that was illegal? I want to know exactly what Bradley and Miller did that was wrong? Using 20/20 hindsight, when you were 19, what would you have done differently?

As a former Police Officer, and XCop can correct me if he was trained differently, the first thing you are trained to do is remove one or both parties from the scene of the altercation, which allows time for tempers to subside. Sometimes you make an arrest, not because you have a judgment of guilt, but because that is the only tool you have to cool off an incident.

After hearing the reports of the testimony from yesterday, the facts still make no sense to me, but then again, murders usually make no sense to me. I would love to see the video,now, more than before, because I really do not see the charge against Miles, based upon what I heard yesterday. I saw a basis for the charge in the affidavit, but the facts from yesterday and the affidavit do not mesh.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News