ADVERTISEMENT

‘22/‘23 roster as of now

D Isaiah T Billings-Clyde7

All American
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2016
Assuming for now Gurley counts to the 13 as a Covid layover…. can’t find any clarification on that

1. Bediako
2. Burnett
3. Holt
4. Gurley
5. Gary
6. Miles
7. Bradley
8. Miller
9. Griffin
10. Pringle
11. Clowney

what would y’all like to see happen? I’d personally love to get the rest of the guys back, but I’d like to find two major contributions in the portal to fill out the roster.. A pg and a 4 that will start and be good for us. I imagine we will have atleast 1 more current guy hit the portal though

I’ll also be making this my farewell thread before I head to 247. I’ve enjoyed the hoops talk with you guys

Holt, Gary and Miles should be gone. Better players coming in and better options in the portal. Not sure why they allowed Gurley to come back unless he doesn't count against the 13 and Oats wanted a big for practice squad.

Holt will leave as well imo. I guess you're counting JD going pro which is probably likely. You can probably count on one of Miles/Gary transferring out.

see happen? I’d personally love to get the rest of the guys back, but I’d like to find two major contributions in the portal to fill out the roster.. A pg and a 4 that will start and be good for us. I imagine we will have atleast 1 more current guy hit the portal though

If shack does return we’ll definitely see holt and/or miles leave

Let's say JD and Shack come back, then I think we would see holt and Miles leave.

I think at this point it would be best for Shack to head out, he's contributed all he can and he's gotten everything out of us it seems he could. Could see him transferring and playing on the west coast for his last season.

Would love to get a veteran point guard out of the portal who could average 7-8 a game and under 2 turnovers. Just to bridge the transition for Bradley and give you a guy you trust to run offense, which I think was a key thing we were missing this past season. Would love a stretch 4 out of the portal that could come in and average 10-12 a game. Then maybe another veteran guard since you don't know how Nimari is going to be coming off an ACL and you don't want to throw Griffen into the fire right away. Pair a couple of veteran guards with these young guards, and then the potential our front court has for next year we could be a dangerous and LONG team.

I hope Shack comes back. When he wasn’t relied upon to be the primary scoring threat, he was much more effective (as was Quinnerly) in the previous season. If he is option 2 or 3 with some of the talent coming in, I think we will see a huge bounce back year from him.
This would be exactly why I don't see Shack coming back. Given the time he's spent in the program I just don't see him accepting being the 2nd or 3rd option. Just my opinion.

Reactions: bet9
Is he even a 1st round pick? I didn't see it this year. Needs another year
Surprisingly there are some mock drafts that have him at the bottom of the 1st round. I'm not an NBA guy, so I can't speak to the validity of those mocks. Honestly, I see him spending a few years in the G-League trying to get to the league and then heading oversees for more $$. Given his size and the current state of his game, I just don't see him doing anything in the NBA other than maybe winning a dunk contest.

What are you talking about? Kid hit plenty of open 3s.
Not sure .75/game equates to "plenty".
Davison shot 30% from three, which doesn't sound too bad. However, the limited number of threes he did take were just about all wide open, mostly uncontested looks.

If he came back for another season I think he could eventually develop into one of the best point guards in the SEC.

Last edited:
If you want to argue he didn't take enough 3s because of his inability to create then I'll buy that, but when left alone he seemed automatic.

If you want to argue he didn't take enough 3s because of his inability to create then I'll buy that, but when left alone he seemed automatic.
I don't think 30% is close to automatic. At best he was an average shooter on a bad 3 point shooting team.

Assuming for now Gurley counts to the 13 as a Covid layover…. can’t find any clarification on that

1. Bediako
2. Burnett
3. Holt
4. Gurley
5. Gary
6. Miles
7. Bradley
8. Miller
9. Griffin
10. Pringle
11. Clowney

what would y’all like to see happen? I’d personally love to get the rest of the guys back, but I’d like to find two major contributions in the portal to fill out the roster.. A pg and a 4 that will start and be good for us. I imagine we will have atleast 1 more current guy hit the portal though

I’ll also be making this my farewell thread before I head to 247. I’ve enjoyed the hoops talk with you guys
Enjoyed your insight and what you brought to the board. Cheers brother!

Reactions: bet9 and RollTide15
I hope Shack comes back. When he wasn’t relied upon to be the primary scoring threat, he was much more effective (as was Quinnerly) in the previous season. If he is option 2 or 3 with some of the talent coming in, I think we will see a huge bounce back year from him.
Bounce back from what, being our best player?

Holt, Gary and Miles should be gone. Better players coming in and better options in the portal. Not sure why they allowed Gurley to come back unless he doesn't count against the 13 and Oats wanted a big for practice squad.
I like Gurley. You could see the potential. Just needed time to adjust to P5 basketball. Look for a big jump from him. You need those experienced type players in your system.

I thought Gurley was decent when he worked from the post back to the basket. This was a rare occurrence. He needs to be utilized more in this way and work everyday on getting stronger with his hands. It seems he cannot squeeze a loose ball, rebound, or catch it most of the time.

Reactions: Sweetlou2.0
NOT POINTING FINGERS, BUT SOME POSTERS ON HERE ACT LIKE THEY KNOW MORE THAN THE NBA GUYS THAT DRAFT THESE PLAYERS, AND IT'S MORE THAN HUMOROUS

How does what you typed make sense? We’ll agree that he didn’t take a ton of threes because he couldn’t create the opportunities on his own. So it reasons that the few he did take were mainly uncontested and he still only shot 30%.

NOT POINTING FINGERS, BUT SOME POSTERS ON HERE ACT LIKE THEY KNOW MORE THAN THE NBA GUYS THAT DRAFT THESE PLAYERS, AND IT'S MORE THAN HUMOROUS
I’m not claiming to be anymore knowledgeable than an NBA guy, but how could he possibly be taken in the first round. His upside is based one what? His athletic ability? There are a million guys that can run and jump. He plays no defense, can not attack with his left hand, can’t shoot from outside the paint, and his only position in the NBA would be point guard. He turns the ball over non stop so the PG deal would require massive improvement.

look I was dead wrong about Jalen hurts playing a down in the NFL. Maybe I’m just as wrong about JD

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT