ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Alabama basketball target committing

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
6’6 200 lb combo forward Juwan Gary from Columbia, SC has moved his announcement date up from this fall to this week he announced on instagram. He is reportedly down to Alabama, South Carolina, and Clemson.

Gary recently visited Alabama last month and said, “It felt like home.” He really liked how Avery said he would be used and the style of play they have. I noted a month or so ago that he’s someone to keep an eye on unless the instate schools pass on him, which seems to be the case for the most part.

He said he hasn’t heard from USC in about a month, but that Clemson checks in every so often. Avery and his staff checks in a lot though. Coach Avery really likes him and has been pecking away at him and the sign he moved up his date shortly after visiting is a very good sign for Alabama.

He’s an excellent slasher and finisher at the rim. He made 63% of his inside the 3 point line shots, but only 25% of threes and 70% of FTs. He’s a very versatile guy as I believe he will develop into more of a SG than a forward like he’s listed. Look for an announcement on social media this week and I will post once I find out. Right now I predict Gray will choose Alabama.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News