ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Boasts 2 McDonalds All-Americans

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
PG Jaden Bradley and SF Brandon Miller were both named McDonalds All-Americans today. This is the first time in PROGRAM history Alabama has landed two McDonald's All-Americans in the same recruiting class. Add the rest of the class and next year will be something special for Alabama in hoops!

PG Jaden Bradley and SF Brandon Miller were both named McDonalds All-Americans today. This is the first time in PROGRAM history Alabama has landed two McDonald's All-Americans in the same recruiting class. Add the rest of the class and next year will be something special for Alabama in hoops!
Great more perimeter players to chuck up a shot ton of three, not rebound, and not defend the post. Just what Bama needed...

ennis whatley and bobby lee hurt both mcdonalds all-americans in the 1981 class.

Well, I sure hope Oats doesn't allow these guys to stay on the court if they show a complete lack of hustle, toughness and basic basketball smarts.

Davidson was supposed to be “ something special”. Sometimes looks like he never played.

Not giving up on JD yet if he stays another year, but that’s usually what you get with highly ranked hs kids in Alabama. Difference I would say in him is that you can see the talent, it’s just the game is too fast for him right now and he has to develop a shot and some kind of defense.

Reactions: Codie B
Not giving up on JD yet if he stays another year, but that’s usually what you get with highly ranked hs kids in Alabama. Difference I would say in him is that you can see the talent, it’s just the game is too fast for him right now and he has to develop a shot and some kind of defense.
His decision making with the ball is completely baffling most of the time Smh.

Boy Bama hoops fans have been burned so many times. Elite recruiting class and we have a “oh boy, here we go again” attitude about it lol
Can you blame us? And it's tough to watch Oats stand on the sideline and watch this type of play, particularly on defense. Call a timeout and chew some damn ass. Geez. Reminds me of the last few years of the Mark Gottfried era.

Last edited:
Can you blame us? And it's tough to watch Oats stand on the sideline and watch this type of play, particularly in defense. Call a timeout and chew some damn ass. Geez. Reminds me of the last few years of the Mark Gottfried era.
I thought you were through with Bama hoops??

Reactions: bet9
I thought you were through with Bama hoops??
I didn't watch the last 2 games but ended up watching the last 5-6 minutes of the UGA game. I knew I shouldn't but I did. And, I'm fairly confident the last 5-6 minutes was merely a microcosm of the first 34-35 minutes.

Reactions: jtr4dad
Can you blame us? And it's tough to watch Oats stand on the sideline and watch this type of play, particularly on defense. Call a timeout and chew some damn ass. Geez. Reminds me of the last few years of the Mark Gottfried era.
Kills me Oats refuses to force his guys to run sets. JD gives effort but is a TO waiting to happen. Shack is useless on defense. Q is a one man show. Every time we get down it turns into Q gets the ball and calls for a screen no ball movt. Drives to the basket with off balance shots.

Not really lol. Our 5 stars haven’t exactly lead to extreme success. I agree on the timeouts. Sometimes it’s not even about chewing ass, sometimes he needs to calm them down, refocus, and set up a play. I get sick of us just allowing a 12 point swing in the 2nd half without oats stopping play and trying to push some buttons.

I’m an oats fan but they drives me nuts

I'm convinced we have the dumbest basketball fanbase in the country. We're coming off an SEC and tournament championship. The number two recruiting class in the country and some people post on here like the sky is falling. This team will struggle because we just don't have enough shooters to fit Oats system, and Shaq and Q are smaller guards that don't defend well. We we're not expecting to loose Primo and Nimari. Sometimes these things happen in basketball.

I'm convinced we have the dumbest basketball fanbase in the country. We're coming off an SEC and tournament championship. The number two recruiting class in the country and some people post on here like the sky is falling. This team will struggle because we just don't have enough shooters to fit Oats system, and Shaq and Q are smaller guards that don't defend well. We we're not expecting to loose Primo and Nimari. Sometimes these things happen in basketball.
I do agree with this. I have some extreme frustration with this particular team but don’t believe this is some damning evidence on Oats future here. We will be a completely different team next year and we’ll see how it goes. His system has proven to work with the right guys running it.

Reactions: Bocat69 and Codie B
Losing Primo and Burnett is not the biggest issue. The bigger problem is losing the leadership and defensive intensity of Herb Jones, and not having anyone to step into that role.

I hope he is one and done

I hope he is one and done

Would love to see him stay and develop, but I'm sure he's gone after this year. He looks way over his head against the talent he's playing against now, so I can't imagine how he'll struggle going up against NBA level players. He may win a dunk contest or 2, but I don't see him being anything more than a bench player in the NBA based on what we've seen thus far. But I'm no NBA scout by any stretch of the imagination.

Reactions: mowens75
Losing Primo and Burnett is not the biggest issue. The bigger problem is losing the leadership and defensive intensity of Herb Jones, and not having anyone to step into that role.
Totally agree loosing veterans like Petty, Herb and Reese that had been in the program for a while didn't help either. The program is definitely on the right track though.

Surely you jest?

NSD isn't until April for CBB, I thought it was next week. Just noticed on Rivals everyone in the recruiting class is a verbal and did not sign in the early period. I'm sure all will be fine, but just hope we keep this thing on the tracks this year and keep these guys on board.

Great more perimeter players to chuck up a shot ton of three, not rebound, and not defend the post. Just what Bama needed...
Thanks G.OA.T. I have been harping on the same thing. We have enough guards (actually too many) and no quality low post players who can rebound, defend the rim, and make a few baskets. Our current crop of low-post players are 50/50 when it comes to dunking the ball and rebounding is a foreign concept. Teams have been killing us on the boards and getting 2nd chance opportunities on offense. Teams have no fear of attacking our basket because there is little to no opposition.

Reactions: G.O.A.T-23
Boy Bama hoops fans have been burned so many times. Elite recruiting class and we have a “oh boy, here we go again” attitude about it lol
Well, when you have seen that movie so many times, you tend to be a little skeptical that the outcome will change. With our current players, which is the real team, the ones who started the season or the ones playing now?

I got one question for ya: Are you a fan? If your response is "yes" then you are a chartered member of "the dumbest fanbase in the country!" If your response is no, then why do you care?

NSD isn't until April for CBB, I thought it was next week. Just noticed on Rivals everyone in the recruiting class is a verbal and did not sign in the early period. I'm sure all will be fine, but just hope we keep this thing on the tracks this year and keep these guys on board.
All of our commits signed in November. I am a little concerned that Miller could still opt for the G League. He can’t be impressed with the product Oats is putting on the floor this year.

Reactions: G.O.A.T-23
All of our commits signed in November. I am a little concerned that Miller could still opt for the G League. He can’t be impressed with the product Oats is putting on the floor this year.

good to know. I guess I just forgot. Rivals not updating surely doesn’t help, haha. Hopefully Miller will get a good NIL deal at Bama. I think NIL certainly helps college hoops tremendously to combat the GLeague

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT