ADVERTISEMENT

23-8 over/under?

Excellent post . . .
When is the last time our softball team failed to reach a super regional? The answer is never. We have advanced to the softball version of the sweet sixteen 16 consecutive years. When Oats reaches that level of consistency then he will have earned the benefit of the doubt. There are times when I scratch my head at decisions Patrick Murphy or Nick Saban make, but they have proven themselves as hall of fame coaches in their respective sports. That's why you won't see me criticize them publicly or question their decisions. They have both demonstrated that they're capable of making the necessary adjustments when one of their teams hits a rough patch. I've actually been pretty reserved in my approach with Oats. There are lots of things that he does that I don't particularly care for, but what good would be served by my venting at him on a message board? I hope like heck he can get things turned around, but the clock is ticking on this season.
I understand your frustrations jtr4dad, it has been a weird season. Although, in the 88 year history of SEC basketball only two coaches have won the SEC regular season and SEC Championship within their first two seasons. Nate Oats did this last season of course, the other guy.....John Calipari. Easy to get down on the lows and forget the highs, but Nate Oats is recruiting at an incredibly high level and has experience in postseason basketball.

Reactions: Sweetlou2.0
What's up UAgolffan! With the team's current win total at 13, I would be more surprised if Alabama basketball doesn't get to 15 than Alabama football going .500 next year. The question I ask about this team....will their quadrant one wins be enough to carry them into the NCAA tournament?
If there isn’t some dramatic improvement it is going to be tough for them to win 15,16 or 17 games this year. 17+ would be a tournament lock. 16 might get you to the play in level. 15 gives you a long vacation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT