ADVERTISEMENT

A glaring weakness in the Defense

Vaughnbama

All American
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2009
After two weeks I have a severe concern about Alabama playing man to man Defense, with our secondary. On at least six occasions so far this season I have seen Alabama’s young Defensive Back beaten badly, while playing man to man Defense. If USF had a QB, we would have lost the game. It is obvious that our young DB’s must learn that the opponents are just as talented as our DB’s and the QB’s are far more talented than anyone they saw in High School.

Now I do not know how much of the problem was route recovery against USF, as the Bull’s fast paced Offense is based on running a fly route, subbing and running the same exact fly route with a new receiver. We will not see that again this season; however, against Wisconsin, Georgia, LSU, and Auburn we will see capable QB’s and against Tennessee we will see a very good QB. Now, I do not know how good USF is, defensively excellent and on offense they have a QB deficiency, but we will see against a pretty good Miami team.

I do know that we have to improve in Man coverage before Tennessee, as we will be picked apart playing zone. Right now I would say that we will have our hands full in Madison and against Georgia if we don’t improve in the secondary.

For those that are concerned about the OLine, don’t be, as we should have both tackles ready Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News