ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama basketball reaches highest ranking since 2007

Tony_Tsoukalas

All American
Staff
Feb 5, 2014
After extending its winning streak to nine games last week, Alabama basketball climbed into the top 10 of both national polls released Monday. The Crimson Tide (13-3, 8-0 in the SEC) moved up nine places to No. 9 in the Associated Press Top 25 and climbed eight spots to tie with Virginia for No. 8 in the Ferris Mowers Coaches Poll.

Alabama’s No. 9 ranking in the AP Top 25 is the highest it has been ranked in the poll since January of 2007 when it was ranked No. 8.

Alabama is the highest-rated team in both polls. Heading into Monday, the Tide ranked No. 9 in the NET rankings released by the NCAA. Alabama ranks No. 10 in the KenPom rankings.

Last week, Alabama traveled to LSU to record a 105-75 victory over the Tigers before returning home to beat Mississippi State, 81-73. over the weekend. Alabama will host Kentucky on Tuesday at 6 p.m. CT inside Coleman Coliseum. The Tide beat the Wildcats, 85-65. in Lexington, Ky. earlier this month.

LINK TO POLLS

Like Coach Oats said "being ranked only serves as a level of achievement for the players".
I'm very proud of our guys reaching a lofty ranking like this and hope we can continue to improve and climb even higher.
Sweeping the KY wildcats would be a great start to that.

Man I hope this dream dosen't end!

I'm pretty sure it's real but I still believe it's a dream or something.
My conspiracy theory is, we all died of Covid and we're watching this in Heaven.

Btw, one of y'all go tell Jesus if he's going to let us win this way up here, why can't we play everyday? I'm not doing it, I'm not pissing him off today.

I like the confidence of Nate Oats and this team. And, I'm pretty sure he's working to get his team's attention regarding how to handle this rankings success, especially with a sneaky dangerous Kentucky team coming to Coleman tomorrow night.

Reactions: pfaud001
Before the season I was VERY bullish on the Tide and thought we should expect top 4 in SEC and a Sweet 16 appearance. It was some VERY BIG “pie in the sky” thinking. If this keeps up, I will have finally made a correct prediction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT