ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama basketball releases injury update on Jordan Bruner

Tony_Tsoukalas

All American
Staff
Feb 5, 2014
Alabama forward Jordan Bruner is out indefinitely after sustaining a meniscus injury to his right knee Tuesday night at Kentucky, the university announced in a release Wednesday evening. According to the release, Bruner underwent a procedure Wednesday morning performed by Dr. Lyle Cain of Andrews Sports Medicine at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Birmingham, Ala.

There is no timetable for Bruner’s return. However, the release states that he is expected to make a full recovery and return to the lineup later this season.

Through 10 games, the 6-foot-10, 225-pound Yale graduate transfer is averaging 7.8 points and 5.9 rebounds. Bruner also leads the team with 16 blocks and 20 steals.

Wednesday's release did not provide any mention of senior forward Herbert Jones, who left Tuesday night's game with a hand injury.

Alabama (10-3, 5-0 in the SEC) will host Arkansas (10-2, 2-2) on Saturday at 2:30 p.m. CT inside Coleman Coliseum.

///
Alabama forward Jordan Bruner is out indefinitely after sustaining a meniscus injury to his right knee Tuesday night at Kentucky, the university announced in a release Wednesday evening. According to the release, Bruner underwent a procedure Wednesday morning performed by Dr. Lyle Cain of Andrews Sports Medicine at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Birmingham, Ala.

There is no timetable for Bruner’s return. However, the release states that he is expected to make a full recovery and return to the lineup later this season.

Through 10 games, the 6-foot-10, 225-pound Yale graduate transfer is averaging 7.8 points and 5.9 rebounds. Bruner also leads the team with 16 blocks and 20 steals.

Wednesday's release did not provide any mention of senior forward Herbert Jones, who left Tuesday night's game with a hand injury.

Alabama (10-3, 5-0 in the SEC) will host Arkansas (10-2, 2-2) on Saturday at 2:30 p.m. CT inside Coleman Coliseum.
thanks tony t with a Y. been waiting on this. i guess it could be worse.

this team is playing well, but this is some bad luck. bruner was stepping up and herb has really been hot. got a chance to have a great season, but this does hurt

Not sure where but thought I heard or read JQ could be back next game. Maybe it was a dream ...

Not sure where but thought I heard or read JQ could be back next game. Maybe it was a dream ...
I believe Harper alluded to it in another thread. I would be shocked if Jones doesn't find his was onto the court against LSU even if it's just 8-10 minutes.

Reactions: milso47
If JQ and Herb can just play enough to where one of them is on the court most of the time and never together, I’ll take it as a win.

Not good news per say but meniscus is way better than just about anything else being wrong in the knee. Hate it for him, he was really looking like he was getting comfy in the system.

Reactions: rawdog22
These types of tears have a broad range of severity. Mark Ingram tore his and played two weeks later. Not sure on Bruner but a friend of his posted on another board that he expected to miss 3-4 games.

Reactions: milso47
These types of tears have a broad range of severity. Mark Ingram tore his and played two weeks later. Not sure on Bruner but a friend of his posted on another board that he expected to miss 3-4 games.

I've had the surgery twice. there is no way he is back in playing shape in two weeks. I can see 4-6 weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT