ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ Alabama basketball vs. Iona

Well JQ tried but better defense. Tough loss. This hurts, but maybe this team needed this to give them a kick in the butt.

Reactions: sipsey37
I remember Oats said in a preseason presser he didnt put an emphasis on extra free throw work in the off season after UCLA....guess we should have lol

Darn! Well, we can learn and grow! Plenty of time left in the season.

This team plays super soft! No intensity! Too much ISO! Passes are SLOW and IRRELEVANT! CANT SHOOT FREE THOWS TO SAVE THEIR LIVES! misses 3s but more importantly AFRAID of shooting 3s! And defense is not good! What a waste of a Holiday tournament period!

• Haha
Reactions: anon_z8qxv7qt5719f
Glad to have a game like this. We tightened up a little late. Free throws obviously needs work. We're going to be alright

Reactions: frazor
Great thing about this loss is we get to see a lot of posters who have been MIA to start the season. Happy Thanksgiving guys.

Reactions: mowens75
Pathetic loss. Really, really bad. Game turned on stupid technical foul on Oats. The Godfather badly out coached Oats. 12 misssd free throws.
Team is over rated immensely. Quinnerly shoots too damn much and why does Ellis get only 3 shots? Ball distribution and movement was was not existent. One on one basketball.

Reactions: RollTide15
Pathetic loss. Really, really bad. Game turned on stupid technical foul on Oats. The Godfather badly out coached Oats. 12 misssd free throws.
Team is over rated immensely. Quinnerly shoots too damn much and why does Ellis get only 3 shots? Ball distribution and movement was was not existent. One on one basketball.
Way too much iso…

Any time you play a team with that many upperclassman you better have your game face on. Important lesson going forward.
And why did they not have their game face on? No excuse for this loss. None.

Free throw shooting was abysmal, but that tech on Oats completely changed the momentum in the game. Still not sure what he was so mad about. On the bright side, we will avoid Kansas this weekend. That probably wouldn’t have been much fun to watch.

Reactions: BamaNavyCPO
Yeah, game turned on the tech foul on Oats but IMO the real problem around that time was Oats never called TO immediately after that when Iona was making their run.

Up two should've been a TO and another one if they tied it. We had the TO to use... friggin use them! Instead we wait until we're down two and our whole team has tightened up so much they're walking stiff.

One of my biggest pet peeves of Bama basketball coaches is pocketing time outs not using them when the other team is running a bit. Pitino used 3 TO after we made a couple buckets in a row and used them before we could really roll a bit. The excuse given is usually something like "I'm afraid we may need them for a late game in bounds where we can't get it in".

Regardless, make free throws at a reasonable pace and we're up 5 or 6 there under a minute and Iona is having to draw something up.

And why did they not have their game face on? No excuse for this loss. None.
That I don't know. You'd have to ask somebody who is charge. Maybe Iona had something to do with it?? I'd say 75%+ of Bama's penetration was met with somebody bumping up on our guys. Nothing looked easy tonight. Free throws should have been and that's on the team/staff. Not happy with the play tonight either but don't act like Bama lost to an inferior opponent just because it's Iona.

Reactions: bet9
Free throw shooting was abysmal, but that tech on Oats completely changed the momentum in the game. Still not sure what he was so mad about. On the bright side, we will avoid Kansas this weekend. That probably wouldn’t have been much fun to watch.
I haven’t been able to watch much of it. I was going to watch it later. Then I saw you had something not so positive to say and thought, I shouldn’t watch. But I got to the end and you had a positive, avoided play Kansas. Just a positive person.

That I don't know. You'd have to ask somebody who is charge. Maybe Iona had something to do with it?? I'd say 75%+ of Bama's penetration was met with somebody bumping up on our guys. Nothing looked easy tonight. Free throws should have been and that's on the team/staff. Not happy with the play tonight either but don't act like Bama lost to an inferior opponent just because it's Iona.
Yes they did.

I’d like to see Q come in as the 6th man. Let Davison start so he can play solid defense and get settled into the offensive game early.

I was surprised with Keon’s output. I think they were keying in on him whenever one of guards would try to drive and dish. other than that, i think our fast break play looked sloppy and rushed early in the game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT