ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama In Top 5 For Elite Transfer BJ Mack

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
Alabama makes the top 5 for Wofford transfer BJ Mack. He has shot an impressive 60% from 2 and 34% from 3 at 6’8 250 lb (!!!). He’s a monster.

Alabama joins: Arkansas, Iowa, South Carolina, and LSU.

He has a visit planned for Alabama on April 14-16.

I love this guy and he would be an excellent fit to the system. I’ll be honest, I didn’t even know we recruited him that much.

Alabama makes the top 5 for Wofford transfer BJ Mack. He has shot an impressive 60% from 2 and 34% from 3 at 6’8 250 lb (!!!). He’s a monster.

I love this guy and he would be an excellent fit to the system. I’ll be honest, I didn’t even know we recruited him that much.
he is the guy we need losing our starting forwards.

GPMINFG%3P%FT%REBASTBLKSTLPFTOPTS

Reactions: lainey2020
He does seem a tad unathletic though
Yeah, he definitely doesn't fit the mold that Oats has stuck to for everything but pg. This kid might lose 20 lbs trying to keep up with the pace we ask of our bigs. Bediako is practically a track star by comparison lol.

• Haha
Reactions: bet9
To be honest I don’t think we are even actively pursuing him. Nothing I’ve heard that is
We have to be pursuing him if we are hosting an official visit, no? His recent quote on Alabama:

“After I released my top ten, they were still playing but they called and said they were going to put full-court pressure on me once they were finished. They have been showing me that they want me to be a part of their program. They see a good fit that will help me and their program. I know Jaden Bradley and Nick Pringle played there. I have been talking a lot with them about how they feel about the coaching staff. It seems like a great fit for me.”

Reactions: bet9 and lainey2020
We have to be pursuing him if we are hosting an official visit, no? His recent quote on Alabama:

“After I released my top ten, they were still playing but they called and said they were going to put full-court pressure on me once they were finished. They have been showing me that they want me to be a part of their program. They see a good fit that will help me and their program. I know Jaden Bradley and Nick Pringle played there. I have been talking a lot with them about how they feel about the coaching staff. It seems like a great fit for me.”
I mean maybe but that could be misleading as well. Just haven’t heard anything from us pursuing him is all.

Reactions: bet9

Your headline is a little hyperbolic. BJ Mack is far from elite. We may end up taking him because we don't have a 4 on the roster at the moment, but I hope someone better becomes available in the portal.

Reactions: BaselineLeaner4
Your headline is a little hyperbolic. BJ Mack is far from elite. We may end up taking him because we don't have a 4 on the roster at the moment, but I hope someone better becomes available in the portal.
If you watch him, you’ll see that at his size his ability is elite. He finishes at an elite level around the rim and is a really good defender.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT