ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama throttles Georgia 115-82

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
Alabama shot 63% (36/57) from the field, 60% (18/30) from 3, and 83% (25/30)from the FT line and that’s all you need to know. Alabama’s offense could do whatever they wanted to do today and they did it. They still committed 17 turnovers, so there was obviously more left they could’ve had which shows how prolific this offense is. Alabama had 5 players score 13+ ( Herb 21, Primo 19, Shackelford 18, Quinerly 16 Petty 13) and the bench guys carried their load as well. I thought Quinerly played arguably the best game he has played in a while. When Alabama can score in all 3 facets like that, they are a top 5 team in the country.

-Lets not question whether or not coach Oats should rest Herbert Jones, because obviously he is healthy enough to play. I thought they might rest him, but if he can perform like that then he obviously is good enough to play. He was incredible today on all facets and will likely be the SEC POY and the SEC DPOY which is incredible. The obvious leader of the team stepped up big time today.

-This team has so much potential and is still not playing their best, and without one of their best players in Bruner. They will be so much fun to watch come tournament time and hopefully will do enough to gain a #1 seed in the end. Oh, and Darius Miles looks real nice. That dunk 👀

giphy_1.gif

Alabama shot 63% (36/57) from the field, 60% (18/30) from 3, and 83% (25/30)from the FT line and that’s all you need to know. Alabama’s offense could do whatever they wanted to do today and they did it. They still committed 17 turnovers, so there was obviously more left they could’ve had which shows how prolific this offense is. Alabama had 5 players score 13+ ( Herb 21, Primo 19, Shackelford 18, Quinerly 16 Petty 13) and the bench guys carried their load as well. I thought Quinerly played arguably the best game he has played in a while. When Alabama can score in all 3 facets like that, they are a top 5 team in the country.

-Lets not question whether or not coach Oats should rest Herbert Jones, because obviously he is healthy enough to play. I thought they might rest him, but if he can perform like that then he obviously is good enough to play. He was incredible today on all facets and will likely be the SEC POY and the SEC DPOY which is incredible. The obvious leader of the team stepped up big time today.

-This team has so much potential and is still not playing their best, and without one of their best players in Bruner. They will be so much fun to watch come tournament time and hopefully will do enough to gain a #1 seed in the end. Oh, and Darius Miles looks real nice. That dunk 👀
i think bama is a tremendous team, and definitely top 10 material. how in the world can you say they’re not playing their best when they shot 60% from 3? the best team in the nba averages 42% from downtown. 63% from the field?
the highest nba team percentage in history is 54%.

alabama is playing as good as they can. the only thing they will struggle with is a team with an elite big man and defense.

i think bama is a tremendous team, and definitely top 10 material. how in the world can you say they’re not playing their best when they shot 60% from 3? the best team in the nba averages 42% from downtown. 63% from the field?

alabama is playing as good as they can. the only thing they will struggle with is a team with an elite big man and defense.
Yea if a bama makes half the threes they made this would of been a different game. Georgia just got to many EASY lay ups. Gotta clean that up. Idk why the hell Oats didn’t even try to play zone:

Yea if a bama makes half the threes they made this would of been a different game. Georgia just got to many EASY lay ups. Gotta clean that up. Idk why the hell Oats didn’t even try to play zone:
you’re not gonna win 115 to 60. fast offense means more turnovers and less defense. bama is really good, but they’re not the globetrotters.

They’re still averaging nearly 20 turnovers a game the past two weeks. There’s definitely room for improvement. This game is an anomaly

you’re not gonna win 115 to 60. fast offense means more turnovers and less defense. bama is really good, but they’re not the globetrotters.
Well brucie and the barners sure as hell aren't.....
Go back to the bunker and tell them how bad Bama is prique

Last edited:

Wrong again. Several of our team played very well but we need a couple back and need others to be more consistent. We still can play better and harder but I don’t expect it every game.

Reactions: sbisteve
They’re still averaging nearly 20 turnovers a game the past two weeks. There’s definitely room for improvement. This game is an anomaly
from a shooting standpoint, i’d agree. zero chance they keep that up. they can improve on the turnovers.

Wrong again. Several of our team played very well but we need a couple back and need others to be more consistent. We still can play better and harder but I don’t expect it every game.
good luck shooting better than 60% from 3 land and 63% from the field. i’d love to see it.

and 146th in points given up per game. context.
PPG is not an accurate stat when looking at how good a defense is playing. Naturally teams will score more when they have a lot more possessions based on Alabama’s pace, plus those rankings are saturated with teams in conferences with awful offensive numbers. Alabama’s defense is fine.

PPG is not an accurate stat when looking at how good a defense is playing. Naturally teams will score more when they have a lot more possessions based on Alabama’s pace, plus those rankings are saturated with teams in conferences with awful offensive numbers. Alabama’s defense is fine.
alabama is a good team. i’ve said that. i even said they were top 10, which is better than their current ranking. i do think they’re playing as well as they can, however. they can improve turnovers, yes, but there’s also no way they sustain their shooting.

alabama is a good team. i’ve said that. i even said they were top 10, which is better than their current ranking. i do think they’re playing as well as they can, however. they can improve turnovers, yes, but there’s also no way they sustain their shooting.
You say “playing” like they’ve been playing amazing. Is today’s game their ceiling offensively? Sure. That’s a higher ceiling than any team in the country. However as a team, they’re not playing that great, outside of this game. If anything, this game showed their ceiling is as high as any team in the country outside of Gonzaga and Baylor.

Really glad to see Primo get going today! Need him to be Big down the stretch to make a deep run!

Was going to say the same thing. I believe I heard the announcers say Primo had zero points at the half, so 19 in the second is pretty nice. If he is playing with confidence it makes us hard to beat.

So glad to see Herb looking much more healthy today. Night and day from the last several weeks.

Reese must be playing on a pitch count/minute count. Rojas played better in this game but I think there's a clear separation with Reese needing to play more. Must be a lingering injury of some sort.

Important to keep saying what a job Oats has done in short order. To have the injuries we've had and keep us close to a 1 seed is some work. Also the turnover of the roster, and now having an end of the bench guy like Miles with his ability, speaks to the unreal recruiting effort and momentum the program has. I will be more than disappointed if there's not an aggressive plan for a new basketball facility announced in the near future. Lock down Oats, and get the new arena done.

Also over the last several weeks it's felt like we were in a lull. Hopefully this game has reestablished our intensity and the team will realize its potential as we head into March Madness. Good times for Tide Hoops.

Really glad to see Primo get going today! Need him to be Big down the stretch to make a deep run!
Agreed. JQ balled out a lil bit too. The game Bama played down in the bayou was a foreshadow for yesterday's mauling. Imagine the score, if as Harper41 stated, they had cut the TOs down. When they focus, turn up the intensity, and take care of the ball, they can raise hell with any team in the country.

Good game last night, but I wasn't able to join the game thread. We still need to get a lot of people healthy, and it doesn't help that we have a short roster to begin with, 18 of 20. It was good to play well at home. Maybe we can start a new trend of playing better in Tuscaloosa.

We get a lot of our points and opportunities for points off of good M2M defense. Zones don't pressure the ball and contest passes as much as M2M. Probably the same folks that want him to play zone are the same people that want CNS to "simplify" his defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT