ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama vs. Maryland tipoff time announced

XCop, you and me both will need a nap. I guess that when my daughter-in -law puts down my eleven month old grandson for a nap, I will take one also. Do I have to pull for Houston in the early game? I probably just want to go to the hamburger joint around the corner for a late dinner.

Reactions: xcop and winin11
XCop, you and me both will need a nap. I guess that when my daughter-in -law puts down my eleven month old grandson for a nap, I will take one also. Do I have to pull for Houston in the early game? I probably just want to go to the hamburger joint around the corner for a late dinner.
That makes 3 of us. My wife says we're going anyway. 💤

Reactions: xcop and lainey2020
I am obviously in the minority here, but my old ass loves the start time. The only issue I have is that they might stop selling cold beer earlier than normal due to the late tip.

Not sure if it could be heard on TV, but when the boogs were shooting free throws I loved the Roll Tide, Roll Tide, Roll Tide chant that was started in the Arena.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Reactions: lainey2020
Miller gets the most time to rest.
But really the TV networks decide the game times. Someone has to play last
Somebody does. But we aren’t just somebody. We are the #1 seed. It’s fine with me. I’m always up late and we have a base all tournament Saturday, so it works out perfect for me. Just seems like Bama deserves the best time slot.

I thought there was some advantage to being the #1 overall seed?
Meanwhile au gets to play what will amount to a home game as a 9 seed against a 1 seed. And to top it off they get a better tip off time and the 1 seed is crippled. That's some ridiculous luck. If they win you know many of their drunk fans will love to hang around and be Maryland fans for at least a half or so.

Both Iowa and Houston were royally screwed on where they ended up playing.

Reactions: cola68
I'll be in the BJCCC and yes, I will drink Coffee late, as I cheer for my two favorite teams of the night, the Houston Cougars and the Crimson Tide, although I will not hate to see Auburn pull the upset.
Lucky for me that I have always been a night person, but i would have preferred earlier than 10. I wanted my 8 and 10 year old daughters to watch the game with me. I think I can talk my wife into letting them stay up since it’s a weekend.

Reactions: xcop
Somebody does. But we aren’t just somebody. We are the #1 seed. It’s fine with me. I’m always up late and we have a base all tournament Saturday, so it works out perfect for me. Just seems like Bama deserves the best time slot.

The TV contracts pick what works best for them, not what works best for the seeds. What do you define as the "best" time slot? Because the TV companies want the game that will draw the most eyes during that time slot.

The TV contracts pick what works best for them, not what works best for the seeds. What do you define as the "best" time slot? Because the TV companies want the game that will draw the most eyes during that time slot.
I promise 9:00 isn’t the best time slot.

I did a double take in the time … what a great reward for the team and fans in Alabama.

I hope bama boat races the terps and after halftime everyone turns off their tvs outside Alabama

Reactions: xcop
I am obviously in the minority here, but my old ass loves the start time. The only issue I have is that they might stop selling cold beer earlier than normal due to the late tip.

Not sure if it could be heard on TV, but when the boogs were shooting free throws I loved the Roll Tide, Roll Tide, Roll Tide chant that was started in the Arena.

ROLL TIDE!!!!
you stayed? You're a trooper budog. I was fighting the crowd leaving the arena and the crowd coming in.

How is there enough parking there for all of these people?
They have really spent some cash on that section of downtown. I was there for the Gonzaga game and had no problem at all parking. There seemed to be parking lots and a big deck right in the area.

As for the Bama game time I know that you are like me and are fine with the time. This is no Bama hate, I went back and looked and it’s just what they do. Last year both the Saturday and Sunday round 2 games had a 1 seed playing the 9:40 slot. Now the West bracket was an obvious choice, but the other game was in San Antonio which is central time zone like us. Now why they chose us over Houston I don’t know, but it is what it is.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Tonight is the one I will need a nap for. ( PM is bed time around here. I am sure I can make it though. RTR

• Haha
Meanwhile au gets to play what will amount to a home game as a 9 seed against a 1 seed. And to top it off they get a better tip off time and the 1 seed is crippled. That's some ridiculous luck. If they win you know many of their drunk fans will love to hang around and be Maryland fans for at least a half or so.

Both Iowa and Houston were royally screwed on where they ended up playing.
How is the #1 seed crippled? Does Maryland have some sort of advantage? I'm pretty sure they'll have to be there for the tipoff at the exact same time.

• Haha
Reactions: winin11
How is the #1 seed crippled? Does Maryland have some sort of advantage? I'm pretty sure they'll have to be there for the tipoff at the exact same time.
I was referring to the health of their guards. Its Barn luck to not only get what amounts to a home game against the 1 seed but Sasser is no where near healthy and yesterday morning Shead was reported as nursing some new ailment.

I promise 9:00 isn’t the best time slot.

I know. Again, the best time slot will go to which game the networks think will be best for them. It's about the best game, not the best teams. The networks determined we weren't the best game today, I don't blame them for that.

Good lawd. This tourney seems to be all upsets. Just one after another. Arky beats Kansas. Princeton on its way to beating Mizzou. Tenn beat Duke. Sure, Duke was a 5 and Tenn was a 4 but Duke was favored and rightfully so. Especially since Vols were without Ziegler. Oh, and Barn taking it to Houston.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT