ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama's Nimari Burnett out indefinitely

James Benedetto

All American
Staff
Jul 30, 2022
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama men's basketball sophomore guard Nimari Burnett suffered an injury to his left wrist, which required surgery and will be sidelined indefinitely, head coach Nate Oats said.

Burnett had successful surgery Tuesday morning at Andrews Sports Medicine/St. Vincent’s Hospital in Birmingham, Ala., and is expected to make a full recovery with plans to return this season.

Burnett started nine games on the year and was averaging 7.9 points and 2.3 rebounds per game.

Here's the link to the story:

Last edited:
The telecast just said Burnett is estimated to be out 6-8 weeks, which would put his return date at the end of January - early/mid February.

Reactions: terp john
Sounds like he injured it in Houston game and played through it. Minor surgery. I don’t think this is season ending. I’d imagine he’ll be able to come back and re-assume the smothering defense soon.
Definitely needed him last night. Davis was hell on wheels.

The curse of Bama basketball is alive and well.
There is no curse of Bama basketball at all. We are 4th in the nation and ready to put it on Gonzaga. What are you talking about???
Unfortunately if you play sports, injuries happen to just about every team. I do feel for Numari as he was playing so well before his injury.l

There is no curse of Bama basketball at all. We are 4th in the nation and ready to put it on Gonzaga. What are you talking about???
Unfortunately if you play sports, injuries happen to just about every team. I do feel for Numari as he was playing so well before his injury.l
My one wish for Bama sports is to make one Final Four in my lifetime. Something always happens when they
have a legitimate chance.
Have been watching a very long time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT