ADVERTISEMENT

Alex T, Darius Miles, Noah Gurley

BBALLSTAN

All Conference
Aug 15, 2006
Is anyone else as diappointed as I am with these three.?
Miles has to be sit for a game because of lousy practice,
Whether continued injury problems or just not very good, Alex hasnt played
And besides one game, Noah has not been very good..
We really miss Burnett and I hope these can contribute more!

Is anyone else as diappointed as I am with these three.?
Miles has to be sit for a game because of lousy practice,
Whether continued injury problems or just not very good, Alex hasnt played
And besides one game, Noah has not been very good..
I'm not disappointed with Miles as he didn't really give me any indication last season that he could be a major factor for us this year. He is actually playing more than I thought he would, but that's probably due more to the injury to Burnett than any improvement that he has made. As you alluded to, Gurley hasn't really played very well other than in the Tennessee game. I expected a lot more from him. I'm hoping that the light is starting to come on for him and that last night he was just hindered by early foul trouble and didn't get the chance to do much. Tchikou is a mystery to me. By all accounts he is a freakish athlete. That alone got my hopes up that he would have a significant role this year. He's still very young, so I'm not giving up on him yet.

If Gurley can defend and not foul, I think he will be great for us. I believe coach wants to play him more but he fouls too much to be able to stay in the game.

Reactions: WAR_GA
This is a prime example that we are the problem and not the players. While I agree that it would have to be beneficial to have Burnett the truth is we have no evidence to suggest that he is any better than Tchikou, Gurley, or Miles. Didn't he avg like 4 points a game before opting out after 6 games? Gurley and Tchikou both had highlight reels that had all of us amped up but what good has that done other than give us fans lofty expectations? For the record I am just as guilty as anybody else about buying into the hype of these guys.

Tchikou @ 6''11"is the only disappointment or me because we really need another rim protecter and back up for Bediako. I sincerely doubt if he will even be on the roster next year.
Ambrose Hylton seems to be coming on in the last few games his defense has been awesome as he is starting to get more minutes on the floor.

This is a prime example that we are the problem and not the players. While I agree that it would have to be beneficial to have Burnett the truth is we have no evidence to suggest that he is any better than Tchikou, Gurley, or Miles. Didn't he avg like 4 points a game before opting out after 6 games? Gurley and Tchikou both had highlight reels that had all of us amped up but what good has that done other than give us fans lofty expectations? For the record I am just as guilty as anybody else about buying into the hype of these guys.
You make a valid argument. Regardless of sport, this why I always wait until I see the individual in live play before making an assessment. A lot of "bigs" are good players in high school, but don't fare as well in college because they are matched against players the same size or taller.

Reactions: Codie B and frazor
I wouldn’t say Gurley is a disappointment bc he’s helped us a good bit. Pretty much the same for Miles. Didn’t expect either one of them to be stars. But they’ve both made plays that helped us win games. Gurley just has to learn to play without fouling. If he does that, he’s a huge part of what we do going forward. Some people just have crazy expectations for some of these guys. Nothing I saw last year made me think Miles would help us win many games this season, but he’s contributed and that’s a win.

I wouldn’t say Gurley is a disappointment bc he’s helped us a good bit. Pretty much the same for Miles. Didn’t expect either one of them to be stars. But they’ve both made plays that helped us win games. Gurley just has to learn to play without fouling. If he does that, he’s a huge part of what we do going forward. Some people just have crazy expectations for some of these guys. Nothing I saw last year made me think Miles would help us win many games this season, but he’s contributed and that’s a win.
i like gurley, if he shoots well for the rest of the year, we can play with anybody and have a good chance of upsetting baylor.

Reactions: RollTide15
Anyone who is disappointed in miles just needs to have their expectations reset. I'll say I'm definitely disappointed in Frenchy but Bediako has exceeded my expectations

Reactions: pfaud001
Anyone who is disappointed in miles just needs to have their expectations reset. I'll say I'm definitely disappointed in Frenchy but Bediako has exceeded my expectations
Speaking of Miles, anyone who is a semi top recruit, played some last year and who CNO..
mentioned numerous time pre season , yes I can expect him to contribute more instead of being put on the bench for bad practice habits,, I hope he steps up and makes a difference,

Reactions: winin11
Speaking of Miles, anyone who is a semi top recruit, played some last year and who CNO..
mentioned numerous time pre season , yes I can expect him to contribute more instead of being put on the bench for bad practice habits,, I hope he steps up and makes a difference,

He's actually played meaningful minutes this year, that didn't seem likely this time last year. I'd say he's exceeded or met reasonable expectations

Reactions: pfaud001
Maybe somebody should start putting together lowlight reels so we can have a true representation of what these players are really like.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT