ADVERTISEMENT

Another injury

jtr4dad

All American
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2011
Hoover, Alabama
I just read on another site that Keon Ambrose-Hylton dislocated his kneecap and is out until at least December. That will leave us with either 9 or 10 available scholarship players to begin the season depending on Tchikou's status.

With Rojas out until who knows when, and not confident we can depend on Alex T until we get further into the season, I was expecting Ambrose-Hylton to be our only big off the bench. The news keeps getting worse.

Reactions: Sheerperfection
Good grief.

Bama basketball usually waits until closer to the season or maybe even Dec to start dashing offseason hopes. At this rate they're going to have to pull someone off the rec center courts just to have 5 on 5.

In just a couple months we've almost gone from feeling we will be good and might even be great to "I just hope we can finish the season". Recruiting has slipped from "look at all the stars" to "who's left at this point" and then a quiet "oh, got one at least". It really is an abusive relationship being a Bama bball fan.

Can we get a do over on that aggressive early season schedule? smh

Reactions: tidertimintn
We won the sec went to the sweet sixteen that's like Kentucky in football winning the east and playing in a New Year's bowl just enjoy last year and relish it.
Kentucky football has nowhere near the tradition that our basketball program has. Not even close. I see this comparison quite often and it infuriates me for its ignorance and utter disregard for our proud hoops history.

Kentucky football has nowhere near the tradition that our basketball program has. Not even close. I see this comparison quite often and it infuriates me for its ignorance and utter disregard for our proud hoops history.
if we had beat indiana in 76 we would have won it all. i would have liked to have seen how far the 87 team would have went if they had won in the sweet 16.

Good grief.

Bama basketball usually waits until closer to the season or maybe even Dec to start dashing offseason hopes. At this rate they're going to have to pull someone off the rec center courts just to have 5 on 5.

In just a couple months we've almost gone from feeling we will be good and might even be great to "I just hope we can finish the season". Recruiting has slipped from "look at all the stars" to "who's left at this point" and then a quiet "oh, got one at least". It really is an abusive relationship being a Bama bball fan.

Can we get a do over on that aggressive early season schedule? smh
I understand the frustration but I’m thinking we sign at least 2 5 stars and a 4 star and that’s nothing to sneeze at. I certainly have no inside knowledge but I read several sites and we are still in it for more.

if we had beat indiana in 76 we would have won it all. i would have liked to have seen how far the 87 team would have went if they had won in the sweet 16.
The team that I always thought was underrated was the ‘89 team. That team had won 5 straight coming into the NCAA tournament, 7 of their last 8, and the SEC tournament. They had a huge lead in that South Alabama game, and definitely should have won. They would have played eventual champion Michigan in the next round, and they matched up extremely well with them, and could have easily won(the line in that game would, probably, have been 2 or 3 pts). They were, also, every bit as good as Seton Hall, who Michigan barely beat in the championship game that year. Who knows where they go after that. Villanova won at the very end of the game vs 10 seeded Dayton in the first rd in ‘85, and see where they went. Look at that roster. Ansley, Benoit, Alvin Lee(the best shooter in Bama history since I have been watching them), Horry, Askins, Waite, and Cheatum. That team went 7 deep, and did not really have a glaring weakness.

The team that I always thought was underrated was the ‘89 team. That team had won 5 straight coming into the NCAA tournament, 7 of their last 8, and the SEC tournament. They had a huge lead in that South Alabama game, and definitely should have won. They would have played eventual champion Michigan in the next round, and they matched up extremely well with them, and could have easily won(the line in that game would, probably, have been 2 or 3 pts). They were, also, every bit as good as Seton Hall, who Michigan barely beat in the championship game that year. Who knows where they go after that. Villanova won at the very end of the game vs 10 seeded Dayton in the first rd in ‘85, and see where they went. Look at that roster. Ansley, Benoit, Alvin Lee(the best shooter in Bama history since I have been watching them), Horry, Askins, Waite, and Cheatum. That team went 7 deep, and did not really have a glaring weakness.
still trying to forget the south alabama game.

Reactions: Codie B
Ask Wimp about that South Al game if you want to see him get animated. Maybe not as much anymore but that game would get him riled up with just a casual mention of it. Worst officiated half Bama has ever had on top of being able to do nothing right and having every single bounce and break go the other way. And that's saying something after umpteen trips to Lexington and Fayetteville.

Judging by Oats presser hes gonna spread some minutes around during noncon play. Hopefully that will help guys stay fresh and healthy before SEC play

Reactions: Codie B
That's one of the frustrations with this board. There's no one who "knows things". The updated information came from CNO's press conference, not insider knowledge or investigative reporting.

Was actually about to say something about that yesterday. Every time something happens with the football team we find out when someone comments “person who knows things on TOS said ______” like the drew sanders injury etc.

No insider knowledge on here really

Judging by Oats presser hes gonna spread some minutes around during noncon play. Hopefully that will help guys stay fresh and healthy before SEC play
Allow me to be the first to say 'he really is playing too many guys. Got to get his 8 man rotation if we're going to be successful. "

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT