ADVERTISEMENT

anybody remember

I was one of about 50 Alabama fans there for the entire tournament. We didn’t even have a pep band. Several of us put a few dollars together and we hired the Ole Miss pep band for the finals against Kentucky at Rupp arena. Their rendition of Yeah Alabama was hilarious. Whatley missed a chippy with about 3 seconds left and Eddie Phillips put it back in for the game winner. Bobby Lee Hurt hit 2 hug free throws late in the game after hitting less than 50% from the line for the season. Pulled into driveway in North Alabam about 4:00am next day with a huge smile on my face!

I was one of about 50 Alabama fans there for the entire tournament. We didn’t even have a pep band. Several of us put a few dollars together and we hired the Ole Miss pep band for the finals against Kentucky at Rupp arena. Their rendition of Yeah Alabama was hilarious. Whatley missed a chippy with about 3 seconds left and Eddie Phillips put it back in for the game winner. Bobby Lee Hurt hit 2 hug free throws late in the game after hitting less than 50% from the line for the season. Pulled into driveway in North Alabam about 4:00am next day with a huge smile on my face!
I'm from russellville, where in north alabama was you?

Reactions: lainey2020
was that whatley`s freshman year. the year before buck got there?

Those were the days. Buck Watson, Reggie King, Derrick McKey, Terry Connor, , the young fella from Guntersville who beat us in state championship - Sparkman Hugh in 77. That was real basketball then.

Those were the days. Buck Watson, Reggie King, Derrick McKey, Terry Connor, , the young fella from Guntersville who beat us in state championship - Sparkman Hugh in 77. That was real basketball then.
kent looney beat us in t-town too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT