ADVERTISEMENT

asa newell

Asa Newell is a 6-9, 205-pound Power Forward from Fort Walton Beach, FL.

He’s expected to go to Indiana per the crystal ball. His brother is a walk on at Georgia.
I hope Coach Oats can work his magic and land Asa.

Reactions: bet9 and Codie B
Asa Newell is a 6-9, 205-pound Power Forward from Fort Walton Beach, FL.

He’s expected to go to Indiana per the crystal ball. His brother is a walk on at Georgia.
I hope Coach Oats can work his magic and land Asa.
that is surprising. hopes he makes it to t-town tomorrow.

Reactions: bet9 and Codie B
I read an article where Georgia is getting jealous of the success Alabama is having on the Hardwood. The article said Georgia is going to improve its facilities and recruiting. If this doesn’t work they will be looking for a new coaching staff. I guess we’ll see.

Reactions: lainey2020
I read an article where Georgia is getting jealous of the success Alabama is having on the Hardwood. The article said Georgia is going to improve its facilities and recruiting. If this doesn’t work they will be looking for a new coaching staff. I guess we’ll see.
i guess newell would be a good start.

The court length and basket height is Universal. I don't see where a new arena has anything to do with the Xs and Os.

Reactions: JMusso72
The court length and basket height is Universal. I don't see where a new arena has anything to do with the Xs and Os.
I understand the die heart Alabama basketball fans. They watch the football program get new weight rooms, new locker rooms, a new sports medicine facility, and the upgraded Bryant Denny Stadium. The difference is that the football program is the cash cow of the university. Let’s take the upgrades to Bryant Denny. Do you think the stadium lights & all the new sky boxes is going to make them win more games? Will a new basketball arena give some advantages to winning more games. A new arena would be for the fans that can afford to pay double their ticket price. I can assure you when this committee finally votes to break ground they will have a plan to pay for this new area. As far as recruiting? I believe those banters that hang from the ceiling showing recent championships. And the ones that show how many players the program has put into the NBA will have more of an effect on recruiting that a new arena. Let’s go win another SEC championship, or two then look at the basketball program revenue. Alabama basketball should be asking for some of the less expensive facilities that the football program has to impress recruits.

I understand the die heart Alabama basketball fans. They watch the football program get new weight rooms, new locker rooms, a new sports medicine facility, and the upgraded Bryant Denny Stadium. The difference is that the football program is the cash cow of the university. Let’s take the upgrades to Bryant Denny. Do you think the stadium lights & all the new sky boxes is going to make them win more games? Will a new basketball arena give some advantages to winning more games. A new arena would be for the fans that can afford to pay double their ticket price. I can assure you when this committee finally votes to break ground they will have a plan to pay for this new area. As far as recruiting? I believe those banters that hang from the ceiling showing recent championships. And the ones that show how many players the program has put into the NBA will have more of an effect on recruiting that a new arena. Let’s go win another SEC championship, or two then look at the basketball program revenue. Alabama basketball should be asking for some of the less expensive facilities that the football program has to impress recruits.
The conversation is on Georgia.

Reactions: JMusso72
The conversation is on Georgia.
Yes, but it is the same argument by our fans that are obsessed with getting a new arena. It’s not going to help Georgia win more games and a new arena isn’t going to help us win more games. It’s like throwing something against the wall to see if it sticks.

Yes, but it is the same argument by our fans that are obsessed with getting a new arena. It’s not going to help Georgia win more games and a new arena isn’t going to help us win more games. It’s like throwing something against the wall to see if it sticks.
New facilities is a recruiting tool. New facilities doesn’t win games, but the blue chip players they bring in do.

Reactions: budog and xcop
My feelings about us not needing a new arena is pretty well documented around here, but with that said I definitely think a new arena could only help recruiting. How many times have we heard football prospects talk about the great facilities playing a role in their commitment, it’s been many times.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

My feelings about us not needing a new arena is pretty well documented around here, but with that said I definitely think a new arena could only help recruiting. How many times have we heard football prospects talk about the great facilities playing a role in their commitment, it’s been many times.

ROLL TIDE!!!!
Since we don’t have the revenue how about we just send a film crew down to Auburn. You know make a video of their arena. Mix in a little of toomers corner. Show a little of the shirtless Bruce pearl. Then show some of Nate Oats. And ask them do you want to play in this Micro arena for this fat ole man, or would you want the play in a 15000 seat arena for this young man. I ain’t been seeing this amazing recruiting coming out of Auburn that you speak of. All I know is that our tickets is creeper than getting a seat at auburn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT