ADVERTISEMENT

Assistant rumors?

Now I remember- Alabama’s great recruiting assistant then was James Green. So Hobbs favored Polinsky as his top asst.

Green moved on. Bama slid down.
I was trying to look at Hobbs’ record at bama - he made one ncaa tournament and final 4 nit ( and other NIT appearances)

Reactions: bet9
Now I remember- Alabama’s great recruiting assistant then was James Green. So Hobbs favored Polinsky as his top asst.

Green moved on. Bama slid down.
Was Green the assistant that went to Montgomery Boosters asking for money, so he could buy a recruit from Houston? There was one that came to Bama from UCheat that got us in serious trouble with the NCAA.

Was Green the assistant that went to Montgomery Boosters asking for money, so he could buy a recruit from Houston? There was one that came to Bama from UCheat that got us in serious trouble with the NCAA.

No.

So 2 of the assistant coaches have already been determined, although not officially hired in Austin Claunch and Ryan Pannone.

The third guy is more of a mystery, but I believe someone that has already been mentioned before is a very likely candidate.

Preston Murphy has been a name that has been mentioned before and he did have a show cause that has/will expire this June. I still think he is a strong candidate for that third spot if they can work everything out.

Harper, what changed your opinion on Murphy getting hired? I understand the university has approved the hire and it will be announced when his show cause ends. Do you know when in June the show cause ends?

Harper, what changed your opinion on Murphy getting hired? I understand the university has approved the hire and it will be announced when his show cause ends. Do you know when in June the show cause ends?
I don’t think the university has approved it. There’s logistics they have to work out as this is/can be an extensive process. I just think the mutual interest is there and could end up happening if they overcome some hurdles.

Unlikely to leave at this time and good for him... and us. I don't want him near our program.
5eba7c50-fe31-438a-8a00-1d5fa982f9cb_text.gif

I mean he is kind of a gambler from what I hear
He is a very very good poker player … he has made some major coinage legally

gambling makes it sound like he’s betting on everything from the horses to middle school basketball: homewood vs mountain brook.
Take the Spartans -7😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT