ADVERTISEMENT

BAMA family...my prediction/expectation...

jwo3

All American
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2006
Brunswick, GA
I know everyone will predict a win...that's how it should be, regardless of the caution, concerns and fears. When I look at the two teams, I naturally concur. (Climpson & talking-head pundits like Kanell & Galloway will pick Climpson. I get it, no worries.) Here's my thoughts and the 'why'...

I have appreciation for Dabo and respect for Climpson. However you may want to break down the X's & O's, Jimmy's & Joe's, star power recruiting classes, staffs, schemes, et al...here's what impacts me with all those points understood. This BAMA team is dialed-in, focused, experienced on this stage and will not be denied! The discussion really ends after that last point. That's not 'fan bravado', that's observation of their commitment, team & individual efforts, team & individual character of leadership and such...their journey over their careers. Their focus on this team goal is unmatched! Climpson wants it desperately but BAMA is committed to winning it! There is a pivotal difference.

I've read most of the comments extant such as "the team with the more mobile QB wins" (basically every team we've faced so far), "Climpson has a great defense" (not to OUR standards and Oklahomo ran on them with two injured RBs), "We have trouble with mobile QB's" (everyone does but we've dramatically improved in that category) and on and on...(besides, with our Front 7, every team has a mobile QB 'cause they're running for their lives!)

When is the last time Alabama played for a NC and lost? When is the last time Nick Saban played for a NC and lost? When is the last time a Nick Saban Alabama team played for a NC and lost? When is the last time a Nick Saban Alabama team with a Heisman Trophy, Maxwell Trophy & Doak Walker Trophy winner, the best Front 7 in football, a top rated defense, a statistically proficient QB, the (voted) #1 OL, a WR with the most yards EVER as a FR at BAMA and with the most top talent on any Playoff team...play for a NC and lose?

Climpson reminds me of a talented awbarn team, without the downfield discipline...the factor that makes awbarn so dangerous, IMHO. What Gus does that's so good is teach awbarn to 'play thru the play'. They have exceptional downfield finishing/blocking, extending the play like water running downhill! Climpson doesn't do this. They have Deshawn improvising and eluding as their basic gameplan and they watch. He will not be so proficient against a defense like he's NEVER encountered so far. When you match competition and assess results, I just don't see this as a close challenge. I predicted 45-0 against MSU (missed it by a TD). I had similar close predictions against LSwho & UGA, all big games (at the time) that most thought would be close. I'm seeing this as a 38-10, although I'm not quite confident on the 10? I'm unconvinced that our guys will allow them to score, even by mistake?

Again, I'm not being disrespectful of another team by predicting a score that controls them. If you haven't noticed it yet...this Alabama team is for real!

#16 in 2016, 14-1!

ROLL DAMN TIDE!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News