ADVERTISEMENT

Bama players in the draft

frazor

All American
Gold Member
Aug 20, 2002
Anybody else have this uneasy feeling that Jones and/or Petty is going to come out of the draft disappointed? Hoping they both get drafted but it seems like the last 25 years have not been kind to players on the fence of "stay or go."

Anybody else have this uneasy feeling that Jones and/or Petty is going to come out of the draft disappointed? Hoping they both get drafted but it seems like the last 25 years have not been kind to players on the fence of "stay or go."
even if they dont get drafted they will get a tryout with somebody and their decision was not to stay or go.

Neither player's decision was to stay or go. It was time for them to play proffesionally whether the NBA, G league or overseas. Herb will be drafted, Petty is borderline but will have an oppurtunity to make a team.

I think Herb gets drafted but I don't see Petty getting drafted. he can and likely will work his way up to the NBA in a couple years, his ability to get hot from 3 helps. He has improved some on his handles but it is still subpar for an NBA guard.

Herb does so much of everything else that a team will find that valuable. Neither are starters in the NBA IMO but both can b good role players on the right team. If you could combine the two, they might be a lottery pick...

I think Herb gets drafted but I don't see Petty getting drafted. he can and likely will work his way up to the NBA in a couple years, his ability to get hot from 3 helps. He has improved some on his handles but it is still subpar for an NBA guard.

Herb does so much of everything else that a team will find that valuable. Neither are starters in the NBA IMO but both can b good role players on the right team. If you could combine the two, they might be a lottery pick...
Was there ever any details as to why Petty left the combine early?

Neither will get drafted. However both will get NBA invitations and a chance to play G-League ball. IMO Herb will get an opportunity to eventually play in the NBA but only as a very limited role player. JP could get an opportunity if and this is a big if he can become a more consistent shooter from behind the 3 point line. If he can’t get the consistency he needs shooting he’ll have to make a living outside of the US.

Neither will get drafted. However both will get NBA invitations and a chance to play G-League ball. IMO Herb will get an opportunity to eventually play in the NBA but only as a very limited role player. JP could get an opportunity if and this is a big if he can become a more consistent shooter from behind the 3 point line. If he can’t get the consistency he needs shooting he’ll have to make a living outside of the US.
You sound very confident. Herb will get drafted and have a very long career in the NBA. Petty definitely has a shot to eventually make the league. I got fifty on Herb getting drafted since you are so confident. I'll cash app you..

• Love
Reactions: pfaud001

I can see Herb as a D Rodman type player. Play D, rebound, score a few points and hustle. A lot of teams would love him on their squad.

I can see Herb as a D Rodman type player. Play D, rebound, score a few points and hustle. A lot of teams would love him on their squad.
I wish the best for him but I don't see him imposing his will around the basket. I hope he proves me wrong. Hustling goes a long way.

I think Primo goes first, then Herb (I'll guess to the Nets) and Petty will make a camp and have a shot. If Petty can just shoot well for a camp he could easily become a J.R. Reid type. 3's and more 3's. I see JP as a specialty player if he makes a team. Or, he could light up the G-League and get a chance later on. I wouldn't bet on Petty but Herb? Definitely.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT