ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ Bama vs. La. Tech Tuesday night!

• Thread starter anon_z8qxv7qt5719f
  • Start date
ESPN mentions La Tech

Saw this article on Mid-majors. One ESPN writer said after Gonzaga, he thinks La Tech is the next best one out there. We need a big crowd on Tuesday! Here's what they mentioned:

I'll take Louisiana Tech. I really like the growth of Kenneth Lofton Jr., who scored 16 points in the Under-19 FIBA World Championships title game in July. It was an extension of the success we saw with the 6-foot-7, 275-pound big man late in the season. During a 3-1 stretch that includes wins over Colorado State, Western Kentucky and Ole Miss squads in the NIT, Lofton averaged 20.0 PPG and 9.2 RPG, while connecting on 59 percent of his shots inside the arc. He's on a fascinating path. Plus, Amorie Archibald (10.0 PP), a four-year starter, is back for a fifth season after taking advantage of the NCAA's free year. Eric Konkol has a mid-major sleeper down in Ruston.

It's good to get in some competition at the beginning of the year before conference play! Great experience, even if you lost the game.

Having games at 8pm on weeknight definitely hurts the Birmingham crowd. I am going to try and make it.

Reactions: Sheerperfection
Having games at 8pm on weeknight definitely hurts the Birmingham crowd. I am going to try and make it.
It’s the only reason I’m not going. I wouldn’t be getting home until around 11:30. I get up at 4:30 to go to the gym before work, so that would leave me getting only 5 hours sleep at the most. An old fella like me needs more than that to function.

We need some fans in the stands for this game tomorrow night. This is a really good team we are playing and need our home crowd to make a difference. Also to let Coach Oats and these players know we support them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT