ADVERTISEMENT

Bama women vs NC

Well, was that the first NCAA Tournament win in about 20 years. I guess it is time to fire Curry.
Sadly, a couple of misinformed souls on here would agree with you. She's done a good job. It look longer than any of us would have hoped for, but she has the program trending in a positive direction. She inherited an absolute mess, but has slowly but surely cleaned it up. She has won big at every one of her previous stops, so there's no doubt as to her coaching ability. Nice win today! Hopefully they've got a couple more to follow.

Sadly, a couple of misinformed souls on here would agree with you. She's done a good job. It look longer than any of us would have hoped for, but she has the program trending in a positive direction. She inherited an absolute mess, but has slowly but surely cleaned it up. She has won big at every one of her previous stops, so there's no doubt as to her coaching ability. Nice win today! Hopefully they've got a couple more to follow.

Jtr4dad: I hope you know that I was not being serious about firing Curry. The hard fact is that the three seniors that are so important to this team were all recruited when Bama was still playing at Foster. She built this team at a time that she had no support from the Administration. She rebuilt the program to the point that we are at today, in spite of the Administration. We keep losing our best instate prospects out of State, because, recruits do not believe that the University of Alabama is committed to having a winning women's program.

We may lose to Maryland, but at least we have come back to the point that we not only made the NCAA Tournament; but, we won a game once we got there. We lose a lot at the end of the season, but for once we had a lot to lose.

Jtr4dad: I hope you know that I was not being serious about firing Curry. The hard fact is that the three seniors that are so important to this team were all recruited when Bama was still playing at Foster. She built this team at a time that she had no support from the Administration. She rebuilt the program to the point that we are at today, in spite of the Administration. We keep losing our best instate prospects out of State, because, recruits do not believe that the University of Alabama is committed to having a winning women's program.

We may lose to Maryland, but at least we have come back to the point that we not only made the NCAA Tournament; but, we won a game once we got there. We lose a lot at the end of the season, but for once we had a lot to lose.
I knew you were joking, but there are a couple of outspoken critics of hers that still think she needs to get fired. That's who I was referring to. it took her a little while, but she has taken our program from the bottom 25-30 in women's hoops to a top 25-30 team. I have no doubt that if we were in any other conference we'd be ranked in the top 20. We're 17-9 and have yet to lose an out of conference game. 3 of our losses were to 1 seed South Carolina. Anyone who can't see the progress she has made simply doesn't want to see it.

Bama plays Maryland in round of 32. Maryland beat Mount St Mary by 53 points today. 98 to 45.

Bama gonna have to score lots of threes in this next game.

Reactions: terp john
I like the work ethic of coach Curry and I think you has accepted the challenge of building the program from the dumpster she inherited. However, you have to land some of the Jimmy and joes to compete. It is concerning when your top players leave the state consistently ! The big three are seniors. What are the prospects for the future ?!

Maryland women odds to win tournament is +1100. That is 5th best odds only behind South Carolina, Baylor, UConn and Stanford.

Beating Maryland would be a huge win for the Ladies. The Bama women are in a very tough bracket with Maryland and South Carolina. Two of top 5 favorites.

I like the work ethic of coach Curry and I think you has accepted the challenge of building the program from the dumpster she inherited. However, you have to land some of the Jimmy and joes to compete. It is concerning when your top players leave the state consistently ! The big three are seniors. What are the prospects for the future ?!
Well I know we are losing 1 or 2 of the top players in the state to Tennessee this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT