ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Thoughts

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
I've missed covering baseball, but until this basketball season is over, I will unfortunately be unable too. However, I have watched most of the games.

The pitching is doing well, even though the competition has not been good, but they have made significant strides. The bullpen seems to be the strength of the team pitching staff and that will be big if so.

Hitting has not been an issue at all, to no surprise with Bohannon as the head coach. He has a Bruce Pearl mentality with his team, which means he lets his players play their game. He doesn't try to force them to do something they're not comfortable. It has really shown with Holcombe specifically. That man will be drafted no doubt. Praytor; Breaux, Manning, and Vance have all played great as well. Chandler Taylor is also hitting some BOMB SQUAD type balls too I have seen.

This team is 7-0 and nobody expected that. If they can keep this up, with the schedule ahead I could see them finishing the non conference either undefeated or with 1-2 losses. It would be huge for their confidence going into a daunting SEC play. If they keep playing this loose and fun, then I wouldn't bet against these boys. Alabama baseball is fun again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News