ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball follow-up

Cecil Hurt

All American
Staff
Feb 22, 2011
Sorry I wasn't more active in the game thread, especially in the second half. Internet was spotty.

I think, whether by design or circumstance, that Alabama has hit on its best rotation, at least for this team's talent. Playing 11 guys wasn't getting it done.

What Alabama has now is a big, physical lineup with clear roles. They are becoming solid defensively and on the boards. When your point guard is getting 8-9 rebounds a game, that's a problem for the other team.

Trade-off is 3-point shooting. Hale and Davis are fading out of the rotation. When you are playing games in the 55-65 point range, 3's are valuable. I thought Riley's 3 to make it 60-50 was the game-winner, even with 5 minutes left.

Jimmie T. is showing good energy off the bench and scoring with that short hook.

Corban wasn't 100 percent but gave extra ball-handling when it was needed.

Before the season started, I'd have been surprised if AJ Jr. played 100 minutes all year. Now he's one of the crucial players in the rotation.

All road wins are good, but very important to follow up at home vs. Vandy/Florida.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News