ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball ... Key to

BAMAPG

All American
Jan 11, 2004
this team is a PLAY A RANKED team ... I think now we are 5 and 1 against ranked teams (when we played them) and the game we lost was when we played 10 minutes or so with 3 players.

Last night we had 13 assist vs 4 against MSU. Last night we played great team defense and on offense we got the ball in the paint and once there still looked for the guy in the paint with a better shot. Played for the name on the front. Taking the ball in and then out leads to better shooting. Bet we scored close to 50 inside. If we show we are willing to take the ball inside the outside shots open up and better lanes to drive to the basket. Big guys took 15 shots made 12 .. one miss was a 3 point try be Reese. I would make sure Hall got the ball VERY early inside every game .... the man plays hard and when he throws it down it makes a statement. He got as many shots 10 as Sexton last night. We did against a team who was playing as good on defense as anyone. Against MSU Hall got 3 and Sexton 16 ... Key 11 Petty 8 ... I don't buy we can't get the ball inside ... it is simply of case do we make it a priority.

Interesting stat .... against MSU Colin, Petty and Key combined for 35 shots and 34 points ... last night they took 24 shots ... 11 less and scored 4 more. The big guys got more shots.

I LOVED the way we were making passes even when the ball was inside the pain ... basketball is a great game when you play as a team and not individuals.

If we play as a team we can make the second weekend maybe more .. of the tournament ... play like we did against MSU, UCF, UGA, OM etc.... we can sit home or be one and done.
Now do we go to LSU and put forth the same effort and execution or ...... I see no reason we cannot go 4-2 or 5-1 in the last 6.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News