ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball season news

It's been a while since I've been this excited about Bama hoops. I think Oats will finally get us to the next level. Plenty of new faces and NBA type talent returning. Bama hoops has burned me before so I"m cautiously optimistic that we get to play and then become a top tier SEC team. The last few years have been very frustrating.

I would love to hear the reasoning behind the two week delay.
with a totally revamped roster, CNO needs those games to filter all the info on our new guys primarily. Also a chance to let these guys start to get some chemistry going.
Two weeks is not going to make a damn bit of difference in regards to player safety. Any other reason than player safety is not legitimat.

Hoping we can at least attend games. I'll wear a damn bio-suit if I have to.

This is just my guess with no reporting at all... I think games will be no fans or very few fans for first month or two.

Being inside will make it tougher to make safe than a football stadium, plus many expect a second-wave to kick in around then.

My thought is that if the second-wave doesn't kick into gear by January then hopefully schools will begin bumping up capacity for the home stretch.

Honestly, I'd love to see 50 percent capacity at least before the season the season ends. Hopefully that second-wave stuff turns out to be just a false assumption.

I’m a season ticket holder and go to most home games. I really don’t care if they start with no fans as long as we can see the games on TV.
I think most of us are cautiously optimistic about joining the upper 4 teams in the SEC this year, and we just want to see the games.

I’m a season ticket holder and go to most home games. I really don’t care if they start with no fans as long as we can see the games on TV.
I think most of us are cautiously optimistic about joining the upper 4 teams in the SEC this year, and we just want to see the games.

Yeah with this much talent back it would be devastating if they didn't get to play.

That’s so true. I don’t understand why it has to be so dark. I imagine now that Covid has hit, the chances of the arena getting redone are small. They could at least get better lights.

LOL, the way our admin treats facilities that aren't for football or softball this virus mess just bought Coleman about 10 more years before they even approach the concept of a rebuild. Also, that deep clean, tuck, and lipstick job they had planned likely just got moved to 2025 or so. On top of the BD renovation debt added to still rolling debt on BD expansions and other on campus upgrades (like The Joe) they are about to be gutted for refunds for football season tickets and will get next to nothing from gameday functions. That athletic dept balance sheet for the school year will be so red they'll have to print it on special paper to keep the ink from running off before it dries.

Reactions: pfaud001
Don’t understand delaying by 2 weeks but agree just play a season please

Okay, I will give you the medical reason. The final third stage shots on MRNA-1273 were given on August 29th. There are a lot of reasons to believe that full scale production of MRNA-1273 can begin on October 29th. Big Pharm is already producing MRNA-1273 and there is every reason to believe that the shots can commence by November 1. The second shot can be administered on December 1. There is a time period between the administration of the first shot and the second shot before anti-bodies develop.

Without getting political, the SEC Office is receipt of better information than me. It is highly likely that We can begin after Thanksgiving with no risk to the season, based upon science, if all continues as it seems. Dr. Capilouto at UK is probably one of the parties advising the league office and he is one of the leading Public Health Doctors in the Country. I would say he has a direct line to CDC and knows exactly where things stand.

There is every reason to believe there will be a basketball season with fans in attendance in January.

These drugs are in final trial, AZD1222 (Oxford University), the Pfizer-Bio-Tech Vaccine (the German Drug Test), and MRNA-1273 (NIH). In a way it is good there are three competing vaccines that have been shown to produce anti-bodies. It is the side effects that are delaying final approval.

While I will not take the vaccine until CDC says it is safe, I have good info from CDC and there is every reason to believe the trials are good on the antibodies, they just do not have the information of side effects.

On a side note, I am willing to bet that by the Auburn Alabama football game there will be at least 45,000 fans allowed to attend. MRNA-1273 will work, but the side effects are unknown. I don't trust FDA to make a non-political call on this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrmsnTusk4
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT