ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Team

H.R

All State
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2003
The basketball team has got out hustled from the open tip. Mizzo has wanted it more than our guys. It’s almost like they are sleep walking.
I hope when Bruner returns we at least have some presence of an inside guy. It’s like they have no idea on how to box out.
Reese play has been embarrassing!!

The basketball team has got out hustled from the open tip. Mizzo has wanted it more than our guys. It’s almost like they are sleep walking.
I hope when Bruner returns we at least have some presence of an inside guy. It’s like they have no idea on how to box out.
Until we learn to play defense in the paint we will be vulnerable 😡

Reactions: Lburroughs123
Two Saturday games on the road in a row with 11:00am tipoff. Would never happen to Kentucky or Duke. Both games against tough opponents. Bama came out playing like they were still sleeping.

Agree about lack of Prime Time start but Missouri and OU showed up to play at 11:00 and Bama regardless of Tip off time has got to move to another level of play to advance in the Big Tournament.

Agree about lack of Prime Time start but Missouri and OU showed up to play at 11:00 and Bama regardless of Tip off time has got to move to another level of play to advance in the Big Tournament.
oh i agree, but i believe 11am is harder on the road team. especially with the covid issue. no early travel and . i know we practiced in coleman the fri before okla. probably did before leaving for moz.. not sure what time we arrive on fri nite at either place, but it was not early.

Reactions: kansas77
Reese has played his ever loving ass off. You really don’t have a clue.

Reese has played his ever loving ass off. You really don’t have a clue.
I don’t know what game you were watching. He got man handled under the basket, and then would take the 3 shot with no one under the basket. Open your eyes!!!

I don’t know what game you were watching. He got man handled under the basket, and then would take the 3 shot with no one under the basket. Open your eyes!!!
He got man handled by an SEC POY candidate who is destroying everyone. And yes Oats wants his bigs taking open 3’s in transition.

He got man handled by an SEC POY candidate who is destroying everyone. And yes Oats wants his bigs taking open 3’s in transition.

I almost wish we weren't having success so these TOC FOGs would go away. There needs to be some kind of basketball/program aptitude test requirement before having access to this board.

Reese has played tremendous since Bruner went down. I don't know what games you've been watching but he's held down the paint as well as we could have expected being the only true big we have. Please explain what more you want him to do???

I almost wish we weren't having success so these TOC FOGs would go away. There needs to be some kind of basketball/program aptitude test requirement before having access to this board.
the guy at W KYman hanled bruner, but we will sure as hell welcome him back.
we would be in a mess with out reese. kid has greatly improved. played with a lot of heart. played thru some injuries. i tip ,y hate to the young man

we would be in a mess with out reese. kid has greatly improved. played with a lot of heart. played thru some injuries. i tip ,y hate to the young man

That's a fact, milso. Reese has played his butt off and has been very key to this bunch since Bruner went out.

These boards are for fan opinions. I have opinions just like you, so if it bothers you go to another board. To start talking about aptitude test what are you? Are you telling me your qualified to have your opinion and others if they don’t line up with yours Sucks.....

To be fair, Bassey is one of the top big men in the country. Nobody can handle him.

Mizzou is as good as anyone in the country in physical play. from both bigs and guards. Heck of a team with the hustle. we're fine. People went from wanting to make the tournament to made we arent a 1 seed at the moment haha

To be fair, Bassey is one of the top big men in the country. Nobody can handle him.
It it true Bassey is unstoppable, but Bruner's interior defense is pretty rough. I'll be more than happy to have him back, but all the talk about how badly we're missing him is overblown imo. He doesn't rebound, defend, or score particularly well inside.

Reactions: BaselineLeaner4
It it true Bassey is unstoppable, but Bruner's interior defense is pretty rough. I'll be more than happy to have him back, but all the talk about how badly we're missing him is overblown imo. He doesn't rebound, defend, or score particularly well inside.
It's crazy that Bassey is only a late 2nd round projection bc dude is a beast. The FOGs seperate themselves into tiers by the number of !!!'s, no? It's not an excuse but the 11am starts hurt us bad imo but we have to overcome that. Doubt we have another one. My issue is why hasn't Primo attempted any shots lately? We've lost due to lacking the 3 point production from JP and le' JP. (among other things obviously)

Agreed Lou. Not to mention he runs like T Rex off of Toy Story.

• Haha
Reactions: Sweetlou10
Clueless!

He isn’t Ben Wallace, but Bruner has the top advanced stats (PER, WinShare, BPM) on the entire team, so he must be doing some things ok...his per 40 averages are pretty high as well.

BTW ESPN had a write up on Bassey re: NBA draft and they basically called Stansbury out for being shady...couldn’t believe they went there, but it was funny

He isn’t Ben Wallace, but Bruner has the top advanced stats (PER, WinShare, BPM) on the entire team, so he must be doing some things ok...his per 40 averages are pretty high as well.

BTW ESPN had a write up on Bassey re: NBA draft and they basically called Stansbury out for being shady...couldn’t believe they went there, but it was funny
I’ll admit I don’t understand how most of that stuff is tracked. I’m more of an eyeball guy and he often gets absolutely abused and has a difficult time being competitive one on one defensively. Don’t get me wrong I like him a lot and we need him back. I just don’t think he’s really the solution a lot of people are making him out to be.

I’ll admit I don’t understand how most of that stuff is tracked. I’m more of an eyeball guy and he often gets absolutely abused and has a difficult time being competitive one on one defensively. Don’t get me wrong I like him a lot and we need him back. I just don’t think he’s really the solution a lot of people are making him out to be.
Your last two sentences say it all. I agree.

Mitchell Robinson (NYK) went to WKU a few years ago only to disappear from campus without telling anyone. He ended up just preparing for the draft where he went first round. Something funny going on in Bowling Green with these big men and Stansbury.

Reactions: BamaLegacy
Just as Bruner was starting to contribute (blocking shots, rebounding, making shots), he got injured. Although inconsistent at times, Gary and Reese answered the bell. Getting Bruner back will now add depth to the rotation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT