ADVERTISEMENT

Bball season ends this way

Yes. Initially my expectation was to make the tournament. As a 2 seed there should be at least one victory.

Reactions: mowens75
giphy.gif

This is team is going to something no other Bama team has done.

Why not us ? We have played bad and we are capable of playing great. We have talent and seniors who will start making shots . The ride is not over Roll Tide let’s keep this crazy season going !

Yes we have the ability at times to play with most teams. We start hitting from outside again and no one might be able to stop us. We can win without the three in SEC play, but I believe tournament time we will need it. Plus need Bruner to be a factor on defense and Petty needs to come alive on offense.

Initial thoughts are yes if we win two games in the tourney thats a great season.................except for the fact that if we secure a #2 seed and cant even get to the Sweet 16 or further, IMO not only is that a disappointment its also a wasted opportunity we may not get again for a long time!

Initial thoughts are yes if we win two games in the tourney thats a great season.................except for the fact that if we secure a #2 seed and cant even get to the Sweet 16 or further, IMO not only is that a disappointment its also a wasted opportunity we may not get again for a long time!
Winning two tourney games would put us in the sweet 16. Im hoping for more, but to win the sec and make it to the sweet 16 is a mile ahead of what hardly anyone expected. It’s also a world better than anything we could’ve hoped for in the last 15 years

Winning two tourney games would put us in the sweet 16. Im hoping for more, but to win the sec and make it to the sweet 16 is a mile ahead of what hardly anyone expected. It’s also a world better than anything we could’ve hoped for in the last 15 years
It’s all about matchups in the ncaa ...
We could get some favorable ones and make a nice run or draw Kansas in the second round and get beat

It's not about my satisfaction, it's about team growth and progress from year to year. Making the NCAA as high seed, winning the regular season conference, and winning more games than last year makes this season a success in my eyes already. The rest is something that helps build on for next year and hopefully a better season.

It wouldn’t be a disappointment lol. Besides, winning 2 games gets them to the Sweet 16... I think they can do that but after the first win it gets really tough so it wouldn’t surprise me if they went one and done. It’s all about matchups in the NCAA tournament.

It wouldn’t be a disappointment lol. Besides, winning 2 games gets them to the Sweet 16... I think they can do that but after the first win it gets really tough so it wouldn’t surprise me if they went one and done. It’s all about matchups in the NCAA tournament.
True but if we are a 2 seed we should be favored until atleast the elite 8! I think everyone is seeing how the offense is playing right now and thats why we are already anticipating a let down in the tourney!🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

True but if we are a 2 seed we should be favored until atleast the elite 8! I think everyone is seeing how the offense is playing right now and thats why we are already anticipating a let down in the tourney!🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Based on seeding, yes we will be favored. However it’s not a guarantee a 2 seed will always make it that far. 2 seeds get bounced in the 2nd round every year, sometimes multiple. Once you hit the round of 32, you’re playing teams that can beat anybody. For example, we would be playing a team like Colorado, OK State, etc thats good enough to make a long run. Based on seeding we should make it far, but you know your seed number doesn’t mean anything.

Reactions: stiffdogg37
We beat au and uga. Win 2 in the Sec tourney lose 1 and 2 in Ncaa and lose. Puts us at 25 and 8 for the season. I think that's pretty good for season 2. Would you be happy with that?
When we were 3-3 I projected us to finish 15-12 or 16-11 going 10-8 in the SEC seemed like a legit prediction. The loss to Western Ky and close one against Furman had me wondering if we really had the right kids for this dude's system. So I was dead ass wrong. I think we finish 21-6. Agree we probably make it to the title game in the SEC but may not win. I think we end up a 3 seed and make it to the Sweet 16 for sure. Then just praying we get hot like the barners did a few years ago. Way more than I expected. I'm usually scanning for the "First Four Out" this time of year. Really is the best being an Alabama fan right now! RTR fellas.

As others have already stated in this thread, when it comes to the NCAA tourney matchups are everything. We'll win and advance as long as we can avoid a team with strong big man play.

I guess if we don't make to the sweet 16 you would want to roll back the raise and extension CNO just got because of your disappointment??? Get real...

CNO said that being ranked 8th essentially means we have the talent and ability to expect the Elite Eight. If we play up to this team’s potential, we could go farther. Those are his words, not mine. 👍🏻

This team could easily not make it out of the first weekend. All about the 3’s falling or not. Basketball may have more parity this year than ever. Being a 2 seed really does not mean what it used to mean. They will have a very tough 2nd game.

This team could easily make the elite 8 as well.
They won the regular season SEC Championship, so they have a little weight lifted off them. I think they may make a nice run. Would love to see them win the conference tourney for sure but it may be better to have some success at the dance.

Based on seeding, yes we will be favored. However it’s not a guarantee a 2 seed will always make it that far. 2 seeds get bounced in the 2nd round every year, sometimes multiple. Once you hit the round of 32, you’re playing teams that can beat anybody. For example, we would be playing a team like Colorado, OK State, etc thats good enough to make a long run. Based on seeding we should make it far, but you know your seed number doesn’t mean anything.
Yes, upsets happen every year anyone thats watched college basketball understands that! However to say your seed doesnt matter in the tourney is absolutely false! You can go back as far as you want and see that final fours are dominated by top 4 seeds! This year is probably as hard to predict as ever with Blue Bloods missing the tourney and lack of crowded arenas which changes momentum swings!

This team could easily make the elite 8 as well.
They won the regular season SEC Championship, so they have a little weight lifted off them. I think they may make a nice run. Would love to see them win the conference tourney for sure but it may be better to have some success at the dance.
Will you make you mind up! First you criticize me for saying we should expect more than 1 tourney win, and now your yelling about the elite 8! Get Real......🤔🧐👀👀😶😆🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Yes, upsets happen every year anyone thats watched college basketball understands that! However to say your seed doesnt matter in the tourney is absolutely false! You can go back as far as you want and see that final fours are dominated by top 4 seeds! This year is probably as hard to predict as ever with Blue Bloods missing the tourney and lack of crowded arenas which changes momentum swings!
More No. 2 seeds have been knocked out in the Round of 32 — 43 of the 132 first-round winners. Only 5 number 2's have won a championship, so yeah being a 2 seed doesn't give you much advantage.

Will you make you mind up! First you criticize me for saying we should expect more than 1 tourney win, and now your yelling about the elite 8! Get Real......🤔🧐👀👀😶😆🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Your reading comprehension sucks.

• Haha
Reactions: jmillerbama
Yeah that’s false lol.

This team could easily not make it out of the first weekend. All about the 3’s falling or not. Basketball may have more parity this year than ever. Being a 2 seed really does not mean what it used to mean. They will have a very tough 2nd game.
It doesn’t really matter about the 3 ball. They’ll hit their 10 threes a game, it’s just a matter of finishing at the rim and playing good defense. The 3 ball will just decide if it’s going to be a lopsided game. When Alabama hits roughly 15 threes or more the games aren’t close. They can win games only hitting 6-8 threes because of their defense, but hitting layups and free throws will be the key to me.

I'm telling you guys, you better back the truck up when it comes to expectations in the tournament. Not just for Alabama, but for any team in the country. That's why it's called March Madness. Anything can and will happen. Anything past the 1st round is cake for me.

You can play the SCLSU Muddogs and they'll have 3 white guys that light you up the entire game, and there's nothing you can do about it. It happens every year to some team that's one of the higher seeds.

Reactions: bet9
Get out of here with all of this knowledge. We're Bama by Gawd. We win everything or we fire people. Jeezus.
It's funny how we all see the deficiencies of our upperclassmen and yet we think they are going to carry Bama through against the likes of Gonzaga, Baylor, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio St, Nova, etc., all while avoiding pitfalls against good midmajors and other second tier teams who are just has hungry as Bama. While I like Bama's chances against almost anybody in a single game, stringing 4 good games together against the best of the best isn't an expectation that anybody should have right now. Maybe they will but no way anybody should sneeze at two wins right now.

It doesn’t really matter about the 3 ball. They’ll hit their 10 threes a game, it’s just a matter of finishing at the rim and playing good defense. The 3 ball will just decide if it’s going to be a lopsided game. When Alabama hits roughly 15 threes or more the games aren’t close. They can win games only hitting 6-8 threes because of their defense, but hitting layups and free throws will be the key to me.
In the SEC they could only hit 6-8 3s and win. It remains to be seen whether that holds true in the NCAA.

I do agree that finishing at the rim will be very important.

Yeah that’s false lol.
O yea its false?
Well then explain to me........how out of the 164 final four teams since 1979 (when they started seeding teams) are 133 of those top 4 seeds if it doesnt matter!🤔🤔🧐🧐

Huh?! Seed number does mean a lot. I'd certainly rather be a 2 seed playing a 15 seed than a 15 seed playing a 2 seed.

Reactions: oslim
Huh?! Seed number does mean a lot. I'd certainly rather be a 2 seed playing a 15 seed than a 15 seed playing a 2 seed.
There are more games played than the first round. Of course a top 4 seed gets an easy first round matchup, but my point was geared toward the 2nd round and beyond. Once you win first round and you play a team like Oklahoma St or USC then it will be fairly even. Obviously the top 4 seeds are supposed to be head and shoulders better than the other seeds, but that’s not the case in recent tournaments. Heck you see more 15/2, 14/3, and 13/4 upsets each year seems like.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT