ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting BONE: LIVE! From Indy at the Five-Star Challenge

Andrew Bone

BamaInsider Senior Recruiting Analyst
Jun 24, 2012
Alabama
We are here for Media Day as players are starting to roll into Indianapolis. Updates to follow throughout the day.

From Indy
Full Five-Star Roster
Top Alabama Targets To Watch

Updates To Follow

The Lead - Penei Sewell raves about recent visit to Alabama

Indianapolis, Indiana - Few in the entire Nation are being more heavily recruited than Rivals.com Four-Star Penei Sewell, a 6-foot-5, 340-pound offensive linemen from Utah. Sewell, who recently received an offer from Alabama is in Indianapolis this weekend the attending the Rivals Five-Star Challenge and gave an exclusive interview to BamaInsider.com.

Link
https://alabama.rivals.com/news/penei-sewell-raves-about-recent-visit-to-alabama

lnbejr41pdb6ix1fgyj8

Five Star Update - KJ Henry talks recruiting process

Key Quote “It was great to be back down in Alabama. To see Coach Tosh and Coach Saban, I really like to catch up with them. Coach Saban was cool and was kicking it. We got to sit down and he got to talk to my teammates and that was great for them being able to hear from someone with that status. It was good to get back with Saban. Me and Coach Tosh are real close. He tells that they are low on linebackers right now, they need eight in their system and right now they only have five with Terrell Hall getting ready to leave and having to replace Williams and Anderson. At the end of the day they are looking for a playmaker. Alabama is looking at me as an outside linebacker, JACK is what they call it out there. “

3:40PM - FSU commitment and five-star RB James Cook did not list Alabama as one of the five schools he will officially visit.

3:30 PM - LSU commitment Kardell Thomas, 2019 offensive guard from Southern Lab High School in Baton Rouge, will attend Alabama's camp in July.

3:01PM - Alabama wants Tyreke Smith to take a visit

Key Quote “I have been talking mainly from Alabama to the Defensive Line Coach, to Coach Saban a lot, and to Derrick Ansley. I talked to Nick Saban over FaceTime and he mentioned to me that he really wants me in the program, Alabama can do a lot for me on and off the field, basically that was the message. Saban really wants me to get to Tuscaloosa for a visit before I make a commitment. Alabama is recruiting me as a defensive end/rusher. It’s a great school and I really want to see the program to get a better feel.

2:36PM - BUCKEYES TRYING TO FLIP ALABAMA WR COMMIT

Alabama commit Xavier Williams will visit a number of schools in the coming weeks as part of a bus tour. The four-star wide receiver says he is looking most forward to visiting Ohio State, which he says is still recruiting him vigorously despite his commitment status. Williams, who says he remains solid in his pledge to the Tide, hopes to visit Oregon before the start of his senior season. -- Cassidy

2:00PM - Alabama Commit Pierce Quick talks at the Rivals Five-Star Challenge
Key Quote “I am really trying to go after Clay Webb a 2019 Offensive Linemen. I think he is one of the top offensive linemen in the Nation. Really, anyone that has a commutable offer from Alabama. Asa Martin as well. If you have a commutable offer from Alabama I am going after you.”

1:55PM - Alabama Commit Xavier Williams talks at Rivals Five-Star Challenge

Key Quote “The coaches are staying on me and making sure that I am 100% committed. I have told coach that he really do not have to do anything more. When December comes, those papers should be at my house. Nebraska, Baylor, Miami are coming after me hard, but I am not thinking about taking any other visits right now.”

1:20PM - Trey Dean Sets Commitment Date
INDIANAPOLIS — Trey Dean at one time thought he would be committed before the end of his junior year at Hampton (Ga.) Dutchtown, but that time has passed, he is still uncommitted, but he now knows when he will put his name on a school's 2018 commitment list. Full update here

12:26PM - Update With Keiondre Jones

Key Quote: "I had a great time at the camp recently and was able to talk to Coach Key. It was my first time working with Coach Key and I liked his style of coaching. I grew up an Alabama fan and they were the first school to offer me and really to me, the first school to believe in me. Alabama is definitely my top school and hopefully, I am going to make my commitment by December or January. Ohio State is recruiting me the hardest right now, but I hope to come back to Tuscaloosa this summer."

12:10PM - ALABAMA, GEORGIA, OHIO STATE, CLEMSON PURSUE JONES
Four-star offensive tackle Keiondre Jones still has Alabama and Georgia “high” on his list, but he said things have “shaken things up” a little with Clemson and Ohio State closing the gap on the Crimson Tide and Bulldogs. He is working on getting to Florida, Florida State, LSU and Tennessee this summer and/or fall too. Jones hopes to commit on the back-end of his junior year. -- Simmons

12:05PM - FOUR-STAR 2019 LB WANTS TO VISIT ALABAMA
Drake Thomas
has 13 offers and the 2019 four-star linebacker is not ready to narrow down his list at this point although some important visits could be coming up. The Wake Forest (N.C.) Heritage standout said Alabama has been aggressively coming after him and they'd like him to visit this summer. Notre Dame, South Carolina and Georgia have also been reaching out."I think I am going to visit Alabama," Thomas said. "Other than that, I'll probably go to the local schools this year and then next year go out more."

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News