ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting BONE: Saturday recruiting nuggets...

Andrew Bone

BamaInsider Senior Recruiting Analyst
Jun 24, 2012
Alabama
We are a few days from National Signing Day. It's been crazy trying to predict exactly what will happen between now and Wednesday.

The latest I am hearing as of today.

Alabama is in great shape with several recruits: Ben Davis, Mack Wilson, Nigel Knott, Mique Juarez, Terrell Hall, Jared Mayden, Irvin Smith, Shyheim Carter

-The above players are the ones Alabama feels great about as of today. Juarez and Hall are still wild cards IMO because of pressure to stay closer to home. Carter's relationship with Jeremy Pruitt and Sam Petitio has given Alabama the edge, but things can change with his visit to Ole Miss this weekend. I believe Ole Miss is the only real threat. The others look very likely to sign with Alabama.

Not sure what they will do: A.J. Brown, Jeffery Simmons, Demetris Robertson, Michail Carter, D'Vaughn Pennamon

-I've said for a while Ole Miss is the biggest competition for Alabama with Brown. It's very close between the two schools. He is in Oxford this weekend. Simmons is also at Ole Miss this weekend. Mixed feelings regarding Simmons and his decision. It can go either way as of today.

Robertson is expected to visit Alabama on Sunday. He has some family members who want him to sign with Alabama, but he wants to wait. I've seen some Georgia writers predict him to sign with UGA. I continue to hear they are not a major contender at this time. It's a very tight race with UGA right now for Carter. He had a great time in Tuscaloosa this week, and is in Athens this weekend. Proximity to home and his relationship with Kirby Smart will likely play a big role in the end.

Pennamon, an Ole Miss commitment, is also in Oxford this weekend. He has high interest in Alabama, but it's not clear if he will flip his commitment to Alabama (or elsewhere) or stick with Ole Miss at this time.

Expect to sign elsewhere: Jack Jones, Derrick Brown, Mecole Hardman, Rashan Gary, Nigel Warrior, Ahmmon Richards, Landon Dickerson, Mykel Jones

-Jones has Alabama in his top three with USC and Texas A&M. Expect him to sign with USC. I keep hearing Alabama is in the race for Brown. However, they will likely finish No.2 behind Auburn. The Tigers appear in great shape for him.

Hardman says Alabama is his leader, but it will surprise all if he doesn't pick Georgia. Gary (as of Friday night) told Alabama he will drive to Tuscaloosa on Saturday afternoon. Still waiting to see if that actually happens. Michigan is the favorite heading into the weekend.

If there is room: Jamar King, Scott Lashley, Joshua Jacobs,

Will likely see space in the end for additional recruits. Jacobs, King and Lashley have offers from Alabama. Jacobs is a very good candidate to end up in the class if Alabama presses hard for his commitment. King and Lashley are believed to have a spot as of today, but we will see how it plays out in the end.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News