ADVERTISEMENT

Bracketology 1/31

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
- Alabama lost a tough game to what will be a top 15 team on the road when the polls come out on Monday. It did not affect them in the standings much at all. Here is how it looks right now:

- Alabama fell 1 spot to #11 in the NET rankings and #6 in the RPI
- Alabama moved up 1 spot to #8 in the Ken Pom rankings
- Alabama's record fell to 9-3 against Quadrant 1&2 teams. I believe they have the most Q1&2 wins combined in the country if I'm not mistaken.
-TeamRankings still has them as 100% chance to make the tournament, with the most likely seed being a #2 seed. Their projected schedule finish is 21-6.

-Just a prediction, but if Alabama can atleast split the two games this week, they'll win the SEC regular season title.

Lets just cherish the fact that it is about to be February and we are discussing being a top 4 seed in the NCAA tournament and not scenarios of how we can just make the tournament. I could get used to this.

Before the season started, the large majority would be satisfied with having a berth in the NCAA tournament and at least win a game or two. After we lost yesterday many crossovers from the TOC and a few IC posters gave us their I told you Bama would fold posts and other posts like it. Now making the tournaments isn't good enough?
Changing the culture of a program takes time and includes the fans. There were so many negative posts following yesterdays game that I just quit reading them.
This is the same team that won 10 consecutive games and 9 of them were conference games, and CNO did not lose his ability to coach. We will have a very good year imo and hopefully have a nice run in the tourney.
Try to enjoy it.
Roll Tide

Gut check for these guys. Are they gonna beat that cajun ass again, or start the regression to a 4/5 seed. They have been tougher down the stretch, but have certainly not been playing like a top seed these past two games. Big game Wednesday.

Before the season started, the large majority would be satisfied with having a berth in the NCAA tournament and at least win a game or two. After we lost yesterday many crossovers from the TOC and a few IC posters gave us their I told you Bama would fold posts and other posts like it. Now making the tournaments isn't good enough?
Changing the culture of a program takes time and includes the fans. There were so many negative posts following yesterdays game that I just quit reading them.
This is the same team that won 10 consecutive games and 9 of them were conference games, and CNO did not lose his ability to coach. We will have a very good year imo and hopefully have a nice run in the tourney.
Try to enjoy it.
Roll Tide
In fairness, many on here do the same about our football program, too, after a rough outing, and we know how dominant that program has been for the past decade.

Try to enjoy it.
Roll Tide
Great post. Unfortunately a lot of fair weather Bama fans don't know or care just how hard it is to have basketball success. Regardless of what this team does this season I will forever be happy with consistent appearances in the NCAA tournament. Yes Bama is playing well but the tournament includes 50+ "Oklahomas" who are going to bring it. While I would hate it, losing to a 14 seed George Mason shouldn't shock anybody and shouldn't result in "fire CNO." Two years ago Auburn's toughest game in route to a final 4 appearance was opening round New Mex St. Auburn tried their best to lose that game. Yesterday's, and any other future loss should be beneficial for these guys going forward.

those of us who have been following Bama BB for as long as I have are waiting to be disappointed. Its been a long time since we were considered relevant in BB and while we want it to be true we don't want our hopes dashed. I think this team will win the SEC and have some success in the tourney but we are a piece or 2 of the puzzle away from a final 4. I hope I am wrong. As said above a PG like JD would be a boost. RTR

Thanks for the update Harp. What a ride it's been so far this year. Obviously the last three games we've hit a lull and not been as dominant as we were for that stretch of at UK-Ark-at LSU. Hopefully Bruner will be back soon and Herb will feel closer to 100%. Seems like it's OK to go through a patch of time where we're not at our best and build back toward that level of play just in time for the SEC tournament/March Madness.
I feel like teams are adjusting to our offense a bit and forcing us to drive a lot more. Stanford was the first team to throw us off our game like that. We missed a boat load of contested layups vs Oklahoma, so I imagine that will be a focus of practice the next few days, and resetting our spacing/passing.
Agree with you Harp that even a split this week makes clinching the SEC regular season very likely. After LSU-Mizzou, the schedule lightens up quite a bit for a few weeks which will help. Roll Tide

those of us who have been following Bama BB for as long as I have are waiting to be disappointed. Its been a long time since we were considered relevant in BB and while we want it to be true we don't want our hopes dashed. I think this team will win the SEC and have some success in the tourney but we are a piece or 2 of the puzzle away from a final 4. I hope I am wrong. As said above a PG like JD would be a boost. RTR
Very true. It is like a defense mechanism for a man or woman who has been hurt or jilted in the past. It is tougher to accept something good might be finally happening for you.

Before the season I thought I was bullish on the Tide but I didn’t predict this. We’re still in great shape. The game against OU was rough. That was a March Madness type of game. But it’s a good learning experience. Silver linings and all. The team is sitting in a great position heading into the rest of the season.

Stadium.vom has Bama as a 2 seed which is great..........but we are in the same region as Gonzaga! Which if im correct that would put us as the lowest ranked 2 seed!

Reactions: skelley213
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT