ADVERTISEMENT

Bracketology 2/14 (With SEC Championship scenarios)

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
Alabama destroyed Georgia and broke the programs all-time record for points in an SEC game with 115. That win obviously improved the offensive efficiency from 36 to 27, but Alabama’s defensive efficiency remains at #1 in the country. Here are some of the metrics and where Alabama stands:

-Alabama remains #8 in KenPom
-Alabama dropped a spot to #9 in NET
- Alabama is #3 in RPI and #9 in SOS
- Alabama is 10-5 in Quad 1&2 games (6-3 in Quad 1). The win at Rupp is one spot from being a Quad 1 win.
- Joe Lunardi said last night that Alabama is still fully in contention for a #1 seed. Based on Michigan and Ohio State’s brutal schedule, if Alabama wins out (not counting SEC tournament) and one or both of those teams drop one or two then Alabama would leapfrog to a #1

Now for the SEC regular season championship scenarios:

Alabama holds a 3.5 game lead over Arkansas with 5 games to go. Alabama can clinch at least a share of the title with 2 wins. Pair those 2 wins and a loss by Arkansas in the next two games and Alabama would clinch outright. So Alabama can clinch the earliest at home against Vanderbilt on Saturday. Alabama plays Arkansas next week at Bud Walton in what could also be a clinching game if Arkansas were to win their next two. So Alabama’s Magic number is 2 for at least a share and 3 for outright.

Thanks Jordan, I have to pinch myself every now and then when I read things like this. I think most of us on this forum thought Bama had a chance to be pretty good but I personally didn't imagine us winning the SEC regular season. I think any Bama basketball fan that has been through the misfortune of the last 2 decades probably had their sites set lower than where we are now and what this team can accomplish.
So far this has been a spiritual uplifting of the hard core basketball loyalist and as rewarding of a season as I can remember for the program and all things associated with it.
In the end I think CNO will have these guys finish the season and win the SEC and play well in the NCAA tournament. Thanks Coach!

Thanks Jordan, I have to pinch myself every now and then when I read things like this. I think most of us on this forum thought Bama had a chance to be pretty good but I personally didn't imagine us winning the SEC regular season. I think any Bama basketball fan that has been through the misfortune of the last 2 decades probably had their sites set lower than where we are now and what this team can accomplish.
So far this has been a spiritual uplifting of the hard core basketball loyalist and as rewarding of a season as I can remember for the program and all things associated with it.
In the end I think CNO will have these guys finish the season and win the SEC and play well in the NCAA tournament. Thanks Coach!
Amen to your words. I know many dont understand the tears and angry associated with the last thirty years of Alabama basketball.There have been a few good times, but not many coming close to these days so far. Like many have said: Time to enjoy, push for a new arena, and for heavens sake
lock up CNO for years to come.

Amen to your words. I know many dont understand the tears and angry associated with the last thirty years of Alabama basketball.There have been a few good times, but not many coming close to these days so far. Like many have said: Time to enjoy, push for a new arena, and for heavens sake
lock up CNO for years to come.
I agree to an extent. Although he isn’t my favorite person, Gottfried had some really good teams. I enjoyed those times.

The lack of a crowd this year has hurt the excitement with the casual fan. I have attended game since I was 5-6 years old and learned to love the sport because of CM and Wimp during our glory days. Just hate that so many haven’t been able to witness this team in person. That being said, I am grateful for each game played and especially each win! RTR

How does the situation change if/when our game against a&m gets cancelled?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT