ADVERTISEMENT

Bracketology update 3/3

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
Well, it was not the weekend that Alabama hoped to have to feel safer about the NCAA tournament. Alabama lost to LSU by 5 in a hard fought game, but would’ve been a ticket punching win if they had won.

Their NET ranking fell 4 spots to #53 with their strength of schedule at 23. Both respectable numbers, but the NET for some reason just does not like Alabama. Penn St has a higher NET than Alabama and they have a losing record by a good margin.

I gave you guys the estimated win total and what predicted seed I stated Alabama should have, and that doesn’t change after today. I think with a win versus Auburn that Alabama will sneak into the tournament if they did not win another game. However, depending on the opponent in Nashville could make it a must win game as well. The easy thing for Alabama to do is win their final two games and stroll into the conference tournament with nothing to worry about. Like I have been saying, the bubble is atrocious when you see that teams like Indiana and Creighton are now on the bubble. It’s going to be a wild final week

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News