ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Miller

Vaughnbama

All American
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2009
Since the night of the loss to SDSU, who thinks that it means anything that there has not been a peep from the national or local sports press regarding Brandon Miller and the regrettable shooting?

One question that I have is did Clowney hire a non approved agent? Does he still have the option of returning to school. It appears that he is not likely to be a first round draft choice, even though he should be. Is he in the group that has until the middle of June to pull out of the draft? I just feel that if he came back he would end up greatly improving his draft status.

Last edited:
Since the night of the loss to SDSU, who thinks that it means anything that there has not been a peep from the national or local sports press regarding Brandon Miller and the regrettable shooting?
giphy.gif

One question that I have is did Clowney hire a non approved agent? Does he still have the option of returning to school. It appears that he is not likely to be a first round draft choice, even though he should be. Is he in the group that has until the middle of June to pull out of the draft? I just feel that if he came back he would end up greatly improving his draft status.
l can't answer your question, but l would love to get Clowney back. l'm assuming Sears and Bediko will be back. Most folks are saying JQ will be back, but l don't feel as good about JQ coming back as others do.

Once we got eliminated, that cow had been fully milked. They are now searching for their next victim to make up a story about, like a shark in a tank looking for the last fish. Don’t worry, if one doesn’t happen soon enough, they will just create one. The sports media has it easier than the national media, who has to fabricate a story almost every week.

I always thought that Clowney had a better chance of returning than most. Hopefully, for us fans, he does come back. Not sure how this gets handled if we have already signed 13 players by that time. Why I wish they would move up the date by a month and a half. I figure CNO has a better grasp of the odds of this happening, and proceeds accordingly.

I hope that Clowney becomes a star in the NBA and one thing is for sure and that is that the NBA scouts know a hell of a lot more than I do. With that said I personally don’t understand why Clowney would be a first round pick. I know that many guys are drafted off of potential and Clowney is obviously super young, but there will have to be massive changes in his game for him to be an effective NBA guy. He probably needs to put on at least 20 pounds and his shot is not very good. I know it sounds like I am being critical of him, but I don’t mean it to be because the guy is a great basketball player, but I just don’t see him as a productive NBA guy. It will probably be 4-5 years before we know anything, but hopefully he will turn into the next Robert Horry.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

I hope that Clowney becomes a star in the NBA and one thing is for sure and that is that the NBA scouts know a hell of a lot more than I do. With that said I personally don’t understand why Clowney would be a first round pick. I know that many guys are drafted off of potential and Clowney is obviously super young, but there will have to be massive changes in his game for him to be an effective NBA guy. He probably needs to put on at least 20 pounds and his shot is not very good. I know it sounds like I am being critical of him, but I don’t mean it to be because the guy is a great basketball player, but I just don’t see him as a productive NBA guy. It will probably be 4-5 years before we know anything, but hopefully he will turn into the next Robert Horry.

ROLL TIDE!!!!
He’s a prototype stretch 4 that can move his feet well enough to stay in front of wings, while also providing some rim protection and solid rebounding. Yes his 3pt % needs to go up, but he showed a willingness to shoot from outside, which is a big deal, and his shot form looked ok.

If he had shot 40% from outside along with the other things he gave the Tide then he would be a lottery pick (see Taylor Hendricks of UCF).

Is this surprising to anyone? The everyone including the media had all but forgotten about the shooting until it was mentioned that BM might have been involved. That’s the way our society has been for a long time now. We have the attention span of a goldfish.

Reactions: bamakay and bet9
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT