ADVERTISEMENT

Brilliant strategy Bama

Bracketology

We were getting bad draws at the 4 and 5 seed. Way to look like complete dogsh** wrapped in catsh** and drop to the six seed - getting the Loyola Ramblers, then a beatable 3-seed in Wisconsin. Playing the long con, I see...

(trying to figure out any reason for the complete collapse of this team)
I don't think we'll be a 6 seed. We're 11-12 since the Houston game. That's not 6 seed material. A team shouldn't be seeded on what they did in their first 9 games, but on their season overall and how they're playing going into the tournament. We fail miserably in that last category.

Last edited:
We might be better off a 16 seed. One reason i said I’d rather play some better seeds than Vandy. We pretty much are going to keep every game close no matter what level of competition we are playing.

The worst draw for this team would be a mid major with a mediocre record that plays rigidly fundamental basketball followed by a higher seed that is built to keep the game in the 50s with a slow half court pace and is good at forcing that pace. That's the fear of dropping down a few seeds. The game looks better on paper but the reality would be the opposite. If we played Davidson again they probably blow us out of the gym this time.

If we were going to drop we probably needed to go all the way down to the dreaded 8/9 line against another team that was at one point this season a top 20 level team.

At this moment Lunardi's bracketology has us playing Mich which could be better for us in that at least this team might respond to the brand. But if we won we get the team that would be pure poison for us, Texas Tech. Talk about a bad matchup for this Bama team.

I don't think we'll be a 6 seed. We're 11-12 since the Houston game. That's not 6 seed material. A team shouldn't be seeded on what they did in their first 9 games, but on their season overall and how they're playing going into the tournament. We fail miserably in that last category.
If the NCAA Tournament Committee use the last 10 games like the use to back in the day, this team wouldn’t be close to a 6 seed, more like an 8 or 9.

Just not how the tournament is selected though.. we’ll be 6 or 7. It’s not really worth debating bc it’s fact. I know you can’t let a thread go without a negative ass comment thrown in but there’s really no reason to try to argue about seeding. It’s pretty locked in

We'd be better off playing a 1 or 2 seed. We actually give a full game of effort against the good teams.

We'd be better off playing a 1 or 2 seed. We actually give a full game of effort against the good teams.
No path is going to be easy for this team but I do like the updated scenario of Michigan, Tx Tech, and then Wisky in the sweet 16. I know, I know, stupid to even let myself engage in such a discussion.

No path is going to be easy for this team but I do like the updated scenario of Michigan, Tx Tech, and then Wisky in the sweet 16. I know, I know, stupid to even let myself engage in such a discussion.
You are setting yourself up for disappointment.

We'll make a 6th seed based solely on SOS.

This team is extremely frustrating. We have lost three straight, but none were awful losses. The reality is, we beat two projected one seeds, two three/four seeds, a five seed, and a 6 seed so we will get a 6 or 7 seed. We could be a one and done or make it to the Sweet 16. Should be interesting.

This team is extremely frustrating. We have lost three straight, but none were awful losses. The reality is, we beat two projected one seeds, two three/four seeds, a five seed, and a 6 seed so we will get a 6 or 7 seed. We could be a one and done or make it to the Sweet 16. Should be interesting.
I’m not high on this team. But we just lost to two teams that are playing as good as they’ve played all year in A&M and Vandy. A&M is about to get to the championship. And Vandy had Kentucky on the ropes last night.

I’m not high on this team. But we just lost to two teams that are playing as good as they’ve played all year in A&M and Vandy. A&M is about to get to the championship. And Vandy had Kentucky on the ropes last night.
They just said on the broadcast that TAMU is still outside the tournament even with this win according to lunardi… that would be lunacy by the committee. They are playing great ball in arguably best conference this year.. will be 23-11 with recent wins at bama, and neutral over auburn and Arkansas. Outrageous if they don’t get in

Reactions: Codie B
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT