ADVERTISEMENT

Byrne update on Coleman

So for you guys who understand the ins and outs of tide pride donations, what would be a sensible plan to install here so that fans can actually get good seats to games and donors can still get their football rewards for buying season tickets??

Reactions: pfaud001
I've told a few people that have complained about needing a new arena to cut a check to the athletic department for 50 million and they'll get started tomorrow finding the rest they need to secure.

The big campaign to raise money to renovate everything fell way short of what they hoped to get and at the same time costs for construction were going up faster than anticipated. Then right as they were in the least convenient stretch to lose revenue this virus shut everything down. They're hurting and frankly weren't in a great place before this shutdown hysteria. Seeing the AD make comments like this about the money situation should be a loud alarm for donors.

Make promises if you want but IMO real traction on this won't be able to move forward until summer of 2022 at the soonest. That 2022 fall will begin a huge new TV deal which will benefit every school in spring/summer of 2023 when those monies are dolled out. Then there can be real talk of a new arena. The only way it happens sooner will be if some huge donations are made for the sole purpose of a new basketball only arena that can be fitted for gymnastics and nothing else.

So for you guys who understand the ins and outs of tide pride donations, what would be a sensible plan to install here so that fans can actually get good seats to games and donors can still get their football rewards for buying season tickets??
Make them separate entities. No Tide Pride football points for basketball or make people show up to get points.

$75 Million shortfall this year... we all need to chip in toward the arena.

Maybe we need something like a cuss jar... every time someone complains about a new arena that are charged a $5.00 donation toward the new arena.
What will we do with the excess funds? At $5 a cuss, we would hit more than $75 million in a couple of weeks! :cool:

$75 Million shortfall this year... we all need to chip in toward the arena.

Maybe we need something like a cuss jar... every time someone complains about a new arena that are charged a $5.00 donation toward the new arena.
Maybe a fine for spelling certain words/names wrong. Like Oates or Kiffen.

Reactions: bet9 and EugDan
A fine for misspellings and grammatical errors would be a gold mine, or run off half our posters. Our buddy Milso would be in deep trouble... So, maybe not a great idea.
Yah, I skipped the grammatical part. We don’t need that much money. That would be two much.

Reactions: bet9
A fine for misspellings and grammatical errors would be a gold mine, or run off half our posters. Our buddy Milso would be in deep trouble... So, maybe not a great idea.
That is the best suggestion yet! Who’s going to monitor it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT