ADVERTISEMENT

Cade Phillips

It’s Cades decision. It will be interesting to hear the story on his recruitment. If Alabama recruited him hard and he went elsewhere then fine; if we didn’t then shame on us. JMO but I believe he would have been a good addition to our team and program. I cannot pull for Tennessee so in my opinion he went to the wrong school

Well this sucks. How does this happen? Super Alabama royalty and we can’t get him?
First of all, and this is no slam at a great kid, but Phillips is not a good fit for Alabama. Regardless of his national ranking, he cannot currently perform well enough in a 4 out-1 in or a 5 out scheme. His 3-pt shot would keep him off the floor. Indeed, his whole offense would. If he were 6-10 or taller, he could play center for us. But he's not.

It’s Cades decision. It will be interesting to hear the story on his recruitment. If Alabama recruited him hard and he went elsewhere then fine; if we didn’t then shame on us. JMO but I believe he would have been a good addition to our team and program. I cannot pull for Tennessee so in my opinion he went to the wrong school
I wish him well, but Oats has other targets who are better fits for our system. Cade's a good kid and I wish him well. But he is a better fit for UT than us.

He may be a lottery pick. But we can all agree high school basketball in Alabama hasn’t proved a ton with higher ranked the guys we’ve signed. I’ve watched Phillips and most of what I saw was rebounding and dunking. And generally that’s because he’s bigger than the opposition. I do believe he can play. But what I’ve seen didn’t exactly fit what Oats is probably looking for.
But Oats still offered him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT